Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra has intermittent green/purple flashes during Dolby Vision playback

Thanks for the added information, @CRusso!

At this moment, this is still in the process of investigation and we acknowledge the update. We'll forward these additional details to our team as this will help us find you the best resolution possible. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let you know.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra has intermittent green/purple flashes during Dolby Vision playback

Hello. I think I've been very patient with this issue but feel I've been sent to Support Limbo.

I've had the Roku Ultra since January 2024 and it worked properly for two months. I have demonstrated within this thread that frequent flashing occurs only on some streaming networks but not others, on a Sony TV that is only a few years old. This is with the original HDMI cable as well as an equivalent hi-def one. I also provided the technical info you requested.

It's maddening to watch a movie or show with constant flashes as I wait for another response. Can't I just swap out this unit for a new one? Everything, including the packaging and remote, are in perfect condition.

Roku.jpg

Rather than wait, please permit me a replacement model!

Thank you,

Carl Russo

0 Kudos
Rk10
Channel Surfer

identical issues here - it happens on You tube as well. I don’t think it is all specific

i also agree it started about 6-8 months ago - it used to work perfectly

I suspect a software update along the way created the issue ? 

0 Kudos
Rk10
Channel Surfer

App* specific 

0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

I exchanged the Ultra for a new one and it still happens. Flashes on all apps now as well as the home page. I'm running it through a Denon a/v receiver to a Sony Bravia TV. Thinking it might be a compatibility problem.

0 Kudos
Rk10
Channel Surfer

I have identical set up as you. I have two ultras but this issue is only on the newer one. Weird that it started after several months of using it. 

thinking we just have to buy new ones on MDW sales?

what if it happens on the 23 models too. Annoying 

0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Interesting. So it's a brand-specific problem. We're planning to upgrade the Sony to an OLED version. If it still happens, we'll dump the Roku and go with a different device.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.