Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra has intermittent green flashes

Here are 2 screenshots (sorry the bottom is a bit out of frame).

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.06.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.07.58 PM.png

Sometimes those stripes can take up the whole bottom half of the frame. I've not had the chance to check other channels, but full-frame stripes can flash even on the Roku home menu.

If I need to do a factory reset, I'll have to revisit this later in the week.

Thanks,

Carl

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CRusso,

We appreciate you providing these photos here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are still having these problems after attempting the troubleshooting steps. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information if the issue persists and factory resetting fails:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Does this issue occur on all of the channels aside from Hulu and Max? Please observe other channels to determine.
  3. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Hello, Eunice:

The factory reset didn't fix the issue. Ironically, the stripes flashed every step of the setup. On the menus and home page, the stripes take up most of the screen, whereas during playback of an episode they flash just along the bottom, as my photos indicate.

I can confirm that it happens on Netflix, Max, and Hulu. Here's the info you requested:

Model 4802X

Serial No. X010005K1AT3

OS 12.5.5 / Build 4174-C2

Hitting home and then back-arrow five times each after a flash gives us ID No. T3-122-396

I look forward to your further advice.

Thanks,

Carl

0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Hello, Eunice:

The factory reset didn't fix the issue. Ironically, the stripes flashed every step of the setup. On the menus and home page, the stripes take up most of the screen, whereas during playback of an episode they flash just along the bottom, as my photos indicate.

I can confirm that it happens on Netflix, Max, and Hulu. Here's the info you requested:

Model 4802X

Serial No. X010005K1AT3

OS 12.5.5 / Build 4174-C2

Hitting home and then back-arrow five times each after a flash gives us ID No. T3-122-396

I look forward to your further advice.

Thanks,

Carl

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CRusso,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra has intermittent green/purple flashes during Dolby Vision playback

Hi @CRusso,

For additional troubleshooting steps, can you try plugging the Roku Ultra into a different HDMI port? Also, do you have a different HDMI cable aside from the one you used before? You can try a different HDMI cable. If possible, kindly also try using your Roku Ultra on another TV to see if the issue is still occurring. This could be a problem with the TV's HDMI port.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra has intermittent green/purple flashes during Dolby Vision playback

Hello. I am running the Roku Ultra through a Denon A/V receiver I purchased new in November. The receiver then runs to my Sony TV's HDMI that uses ARC. It was time-consuming to set up all the components to communicate with each other. Also, only one of the TV's HDMI ports has ARC, which is the only way I'd want to configure it.

I'm using the HDMI cable that was supplied by Roku.

The system worked like a charm until just a few weeks ago. I don't own a second TV. Are there no other troubleshooting ideas before I start unplugging cables?

Thanks, Carl

0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

2nd reply: I can now confirm that the green flash does NOT occur on Tubi and Vudu. Also, I swapped out HDMI cables an it still flashes on Max and Netflix. Please advise.

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

If there is no pixilation when viewing video, and occurs when viewing tv, then it is local signal interference.

Other to consider is electrical rating is low to sustain its power requirement.

0 Kudos
CRusso
Binge Watcher

STILL UNRESOLVED. Please help me fix this, Roku!

Hello. I believe I've demonstrated that my TV is not defective and that the HDMI cable is fine.

When I watch movies on Vudu and Tubi, there is no problem whatsoever.

When I watch Netflix, Hulu, and Max, I get the green flash (photo above) immediately and frequently.

Is it possible that my Roku Ultra has a compatibility problem with my TV, or that the Roku is defective?

Several days have passed since I've heard back.

Thank you,

Carl Russo

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.