Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianF100

Roku Streaming in Australia

Jump to solution

I went to my  Roku account and on the Roku website it says that Roku is streaming in Australia, can this be accessible on a Amazon Fire TV Cube 4k or on any smart TV, I tried on my Amazon Fire TV cube and it says that it's not available at this location Perth Australia and also on my smart tv there is no Roku App.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming in Australia

Jump to solution

Hi @BrianF100 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your confusion about Roku streaming in Australia.

Roku is available in Australia; however, The Roku Channel is only available in the US and Canada.

To check for available channel apps in your area, browse the Roku Channel Store directly from your Roku device or by visiting channelstore.roku.com. Channels can also be added when using the Roku mobile app on a compatible mobile device.

Please let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

According to this I believe the answer is that it's not available.

For Fire TV devices:

"The Roku Channel can be installed on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire TV Edition soundbars in the United States."

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BrianF100 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your confusion about Roku streaming in Australia.

Roku is available in Australia; however, The Roku Channel is only available in the US and Canada.

To check for available channel apps in your area, browse the Roku Channel Store directly from your Roku device or by visiting channelstore.roku.com. Channels can also be added when using the Roku mobile app on a compatible mobile device.

Please let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos