Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Plex stops at 33% using Nvidia Shield Plex Server

I don't usually use Plex when I'm home, but I just tried it on my Ultra 4800. I tried two different movies: a DVD rip (SD) and a 4K UHD rip. Both played the video via direct stream (no transcoding) and the UHD movie needed audio only transcoding. Both loaded until it reached 33%, then the movie began playing. In both cases I had started the movies previously, so they resumed from where I left off. 

The counter only reaching 33% on screen is something Plex does in their programming. It's not something to do with the Roku OS. I tried the same UHD movie using my Shield player, and it doesn't even display the % loading. Perhaps that's because it's a more powerful player, or perhaps it's simply the way Plex has programmed their Android based app. Only Plex can answer that. But if playback never starts, then that's something that Plex needs to address. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Jdnlns
Channel Surfer

Re: Plex stops at 33% using Nvidia Shield Plex Server

Under the server in plex settings under transcode on a laptop, uncheck everything except Enable HDR tone mapping

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.