Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Posselt
Reel Rookie

Roku Express+ 4k - HDR10+ problem

I've been trying to solve this problem for months but still found no solution whatsoever. My Roku Express+ 4K has a problem, most probably related to HDR10+. Every time I try to watch any HDR10+ supported content (which are mostly dolby vision content too) on platforms like Apple TV+ or Amazon Prime I get content with washed-out colors, and when I got back to home all colors are blown out and super saturated. The blown out colors persist until I restart the system, and it happens when I try to use any of the HDMI ports.

This only happens when I try to watch HDR10+ content, not HDR content. And when I select "4K HDR" only on Roku's settings instead of "automatic (4K HDR10+)", even then the content that supports HDR10+ gets washed out and menu colors get blown out. The only way to watch content consistently is to disable HDR completely. Does anyone have a solution to this?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express+ 4k - HDR10+ problem

Hi @Posselt,

We are grateful that you communicated with us in the Roku community!

To better understand and assist you, can you please let us know if this was accessible before the problem started? If you are still able to replicate, kindly send us the information listed below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Posselt
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey thanks in advance for the help!

Here you go:

Device model: 3941X

Serial number: X01600KP4633

Device ID: S07P21AP4633

Tracker ID: 33-500-506

Home Screen with normal colors 

Home Screen after I try to watch HDR10+ content

Notice how oversaturated and how bright the Apple Music and Amazon Prime logos are, respectively. Notice also how My Movies Anywhere logo is less gradient too.

HDR10+ content on Roku 

True HDR10+ in other streaming device 

The colors pop much more on the screen, to the point where it almost looks like there's a dark grey filter on top of the content in the Roku app.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Posselt,

Thanks for sharing with us these information. 

We'd like to add more details about this. Could you also share with us the TV make/model where your device is connected?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Posselt
Reel Rookie

Sure!

It's a Phillips 50PUG7907

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Posselt,

Thanks for the prompt response!

We'll take it from here and we'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll need your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.