Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sway
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Missing things

I got my mom a Roku express.  I have 4.   Her remote batteries died and once replaced (may or may not have anything to do with this) on home she can’t get live tv anymore.  And suddenly appeared movie store and tv store.  I walked her thru going to settings to chose to show live but it’s not even an option for her anymore.  She can get to the Roku channel app but she’s older and that’s more difficult and confusing.  I taught her how to go to live tv and she has her favorites and recently watched there.  Why did this change?  How can we get it back?  We did reboot the Roku and we did check for updates but it was up to date.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Missing things

"Live TV" should be an option under Settings->Home screen, but then again, I've never seen "Movie store" or "TV store", so it sounds like something is different about hers.  It seems like Roku is trying out different "features" on some user's devices, but I've never seen them comment about it.  What's the "Software version" displayed under Settings->System->About?  Is the device linked to a US Roku account?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sway
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Missing things

I’ll have her check her version, and it does seem they are trying different versions on some, my moms bad luck being older and barely able to learn streaming.  Roku if you’re listening cut it out and put it back please.  And fyi all 4 of mine are the same as they’ve always been, I don’t have movie store or anything either. 

0 Kudos