Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffm0123
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

My Express 4K Plus suddenly stopped booting up. The blue/purple power light is on in front, but it doesn't turn on when pressing the power button on the remote (or any other button either, like Home). 
I've tried unplugging for 30 seconds and powering up again, and all I see if the bouncing ROKU logo for about 30 seconds, then it goes black. Nothing else happens no matter what button I push.
I tried switching to a different power supply & outlet. No luck. 
I also tried the reset button on the back - holding it for at least 10 seconds - nothing at all happens - no change in the power light, not even the ROKU logo animation. 

I've changed batteries 2x on the remote, so I know that's not the issue. 

Two weeks ago, it was working fine. Last night... nothing works. 

The rest of my AV system works perfectly fine. 
I've tried putting the ROKU HDMI cable into a different video input of the TV, but that didn't work either. I also tried swapping HDMI cables with no success either. 

Basically, it just died. 

Thoughts?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jeffm0123, with the power connected, press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.  Do you have another TV you can try it on?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jeffm0123
Reel Rookie

No luck - tried the reset sequence 2x, and even tried another TV and the reset process. No change. The TV even shuts itself off because there's no signal on the HDMI input. I think it's dead now. 

Is there a warranty on these things? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jeffm0123, the warranty is one year.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.