Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Roku Devices Issues on Menu/ Advertisements/ Channel Playback

1. Using the remote, while watching a show, and on a commercial, surfing the menu, looking to see what to watch next (or just to avoid seeing the same commercials over & over), how are we supposed to get back to our show? There's no simple way to immediately go back to the channel (can't hit the back button cause I never clicked on another channel), so we must either scroll to the "Recents" category, and click on the show, or because inexplicably, the show we are currently watching, is not showing up in the Recents list, huh??

2. Why must we see the same commercials on every single break, often twice? And what's the point of having commercials on every break, that advertise the show & channel we're already watching???

3. Today I noticed two channels I watch all the time, have disappeared! Now, I understand they will sometimes come & then go, but why not some kind of notice, maybe in the slip where the other used to be, or an email blast showing channels that are new, or have left? And especially if the channels have simply shifted to a new position and number, we should be notified, no?

4. Finally, something I've asked several times already, and never gotten a response. Since we regularly run into issues with shows or trailers not loading, but showing the 99% spinning blue circle instead, requiring us to do a system restart, which I assume clears what cache has built up, I'd like to know how we can clear the cache, without having to do the reset...

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.