Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel won’t load programs

Hello @kroach56

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel and Paramount Plus or across other apps installed on your Roku device? 

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling them helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kroach56
Reel Rookie

thanks for getting back with me.  we've trying all the above before even sending this post.  it appears on other channels like AMC.  the funny thing about it is some of the programs load and play on Roku Channel, but NONE of the programming works on the other channels.  We are living in the Dominican Republic if that matters?  Netflix, Prime, HBO Max all work just fine.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@kroach56

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would also recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kroach56
Reel Rookie

OK, I bought this Roku device thinking I can travel with it without having to 'recreate' another account in a country I don't speak their language.  That being said, if I do create another account from this country will ALL the programming be presented to me in the language of this country which happens to be Spanish and I don't speak Spanish, just yet.  I'm very confused on why some programs play on Roku Channel while others do not.  All the news stuff streams, but only a few of the other programs do.  Not all but some.  Seems to me if it was a IP issue it'll be a IP issue for the whole channel and just certain programs within that channel.  Please answer the 'create a new account question'.  I don't want to lose English speaking programming I do have now, only to be presented with ALL Spanish speaking programs.  Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kroach56

Thanks for the post. 
Please be aware that when you create an account in another region, should you not like the language that the channel provides by default, you should be able to change the language in the channel settings.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos