Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coden767
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel in Mexico fails to play after Jan. 10, 2023

We are in Mexico using Roku Express.  Before Jan. 10, we could access the Roku Channel fine,  Last night and today, we cannot access anything on the Roku Channel.  Other channels (Netflix, Amazon, etc) work.  But shows on the Roku Channel that we watched 2 days ago fail to play.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel in Mexico fails to play after Jan. 10, 2023

Hi @coden767,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help get you up and running.
Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coden767
Channel Surfer

1. No codes

2. Tried your #4 of add/remove channel and restarting device.  No change.

3. When I press enter on a show I was watching that I want to watch, the next screen that comes up is the previous one showing, for example,  Play S2/E22, See all episodes, Captions & audio track, etc. That just keeps repeating if I enter Play again

0 Kudos
coden767
Channel Surfer

If I try to access online via my Roku account instead of my TV/Roku Express, I get that it is not available in my region.  It was available 2 days ago, and many weeks before that. 

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/enguard/es-mx

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't have a good answer for you, but this states that in Mexico it's only available via a Roku device, not the web.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MrsMay
Reel Rookie

I too am having the same issue none of my “watch free” or “watch now” programs will no longer play even shows that I was in the middle of! Such as “**bleep** on Wheels” this is very frustrating since long ago I have switched to Roku being the only way to watch tv in my house 

0 Kudos
xctraveler

I am having same issue. The Roku channel thus any of their shows and Live TV like news streaming unexpectedly quit.  What’s the issue and is there a work around?

0 Kudos
xctraveler

I even recently bought the Roku stick here in Mexico (more expensive here). Roku channels worked initially and then just stopped.  Please does anyone have  solution.

0 Kudos

I live on the Mayan Riviera and this is forever happening with my Roku ultra. Some days it will play live TV and I can see the Carol Burnett channel I can see the Bob Ross channel I can see antiques roadshow live channel. Then after January 10th it's just black screen. It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos