Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

For me, one thing I noticed is that this is affecting both the mobile app (on android) and the roku stick on my TV.

I tried the mobile app when at my parents' house and it worked; now that I am back home the error is back. Of course the roku app doesn't work on my phone if I'm not on the wi-fi, so there's no way to test if it's my ISP or what.

cappuccino
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Channel will not load

Jump to solution

I m having the same issue as the OP. The Roku channel on my Roku TV will not load. Other channels load fine. 

I tried removing the channel and reinstalling it according to directions posted in this thread and the issue remains. It is only the Roku channel--all other channels are fine and launch/play with no problems and I am able to view content.

Restarting the channel sometimes helps launch it but often (mostly) does not help.

Occasionally, after much time I can get certain parts of the ROKU channel to load (only after getting a prompt to reload content by pressing OK) but the HOME screen of the ROKU channel, which contains the shows I am currently watching, will not load. Also, anything I can get to load will launch painfully slowly or not at all. 

I can only get it to play after much fiddling--many times trying to launch the app, many times waiting to see if content will load, then when it finally does I hope the Home screen loads. Then I need to watch what I want to quickly in case the issue begins again.

I have nothing to add here, so this is my report.

ROKU channel version 8.0 build 72

Software version 11..5.0, Build 4312

65" Hisense Roku TV (Costco model #65R7G5)
OTA TV antenna (indoor $20 RCA rabbit ears)
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am still having the problem. I bought my Roku equipment shortly before Christmas. During the week between Christmas and New Year ALL Roku channels stopped working. I will select something to watch, click "Load" but when I click "Play" it goes back to Load and stays in a vicious cycle. I tried all the suggestions I found in the forum and knowledge base and nothing changed it. An administrator asked me about two weeks ago for info about my equipment, etc. but I have never heard back. 

Roku, are you going to resolve this problem or respond after I provided you my equipment info? Tell me something I can do. There's quite a bit of content I'd like to watch on Roku but can't. Should I return my equipment and go with another provider? I don't know of a tech problem I've ever had that has dragged out for this long, especially with no discernable effort on the part of the provider to help. 

Please tell us how this can be resolved. Or it it can't, tell us that. Don't just leave us hanging. Something I see that I DON'T like about Roku is the lack of support and inability to get any communication from them - not even for a new customer/user.   

ms77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same complaint from my side as described multiple times by @avedail and others.

@RokuDanny-R  @support

Kind reminder to support team to look at this issue. It really ruins the trust of your customers.

From all costumer complaints back in time, about same issue, I believe this is a known one. Pls inspect and solve it for us as well. It is really annoying to have a good product, which I think is Roku, but to experience a weird behavior. Issues are always possible, but to have no solution for weeks is a bit disappointing, to put it mildly.

Thanks in advance for you time and effort.

Model: 3820X

Ser: X017008RMN5W

SW:11.5.0/4312-CU

Issue ID:5W-021-060

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as everyone else, and have tried all the steps.  After chatting with a Roku rep on Friday, I was given an issue number and was told the problem would be escalated to the engineering team. I was told they would email me with a fix, but have not heard anything since then.  This just started less than a week ago.  I am hoping Roku helps fix this for all of us.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel will not load

Jump to solution

@cappuccino

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, are you making sure to restart the Roku device before adding it back again, specifically in that order?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • what is happening when this issue occurs

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for looking into this. I replied here and provided this information per your request about two weeks ago. Do you still have what I sent or do I need to collect the information again? Nothing has changed in terms of what happens - nothing Roku will play. It pops up as if it's available but it's not.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@avedail

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you provided your device information in your previous post. Can you please provide the following:

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • what is happening when this issue occurs

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ms77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Ping pong is a great game, but unfortunately doesn’t solve technical issues… No more posts from me here. Thanks for the game 🙂