Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Answering the questions posed in response to someone else experiencing the same problem:

1. What Roku model device are you using?   Roku Express 4K
  2. Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your Roku device? No – all of the other channels I use work just fine.
  3. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? See earlier answer.

4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? The teaser screen comes on. I select "Play". The screen flickers – then goes right back to the teaser screen. This happens about 6-7 times, then the screen goes blank except for the title at the top, but nothing happens after that, no matter how long I leave the screen.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

0 Kudos
Cejay50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having exact same problem. Roku channel only. Every other channel fine. Nothing (film or series) will play on the Roku channel. I have tried all recommended resolves on this thread including system reset and factory reset and re-install on a new account. 

This started on my TCL Model 32S327, ID# 2011GTO002372A00432.  Tried all possible cures & nothing fixed it.  Bought a new tv per below and has same problem. Even canceled Roku account and opened new account - no change.  Logged into my Roku account on Roku web page using iPad and when I tried to play any Roku program it gives me “Error 451” (blocked by government or isp) and the program will not play.

Please investigate as I would like to use my new tv and the TCL that is almost new.

ONN ROKU TV (current tv):

Model: 10005807

Device ID: X00700X5NWH9

Version: 11.5.0 build 4235-D8

Issue ID: H9-473-460 

Timestamp: 2022-11-25T19:00:43Z

0 Kudos
Gopher13

Jump to solution

Same concerns.  Account created in Canada, use it primarily for Prime/Netflix/Apple on non smart tv's.  Bought a second Roku stick for a second tv. Lots of bandwidth:speed. Both in the same place in the US. Can't watch anything on the Roku Channel. Press play, says loading, then goes back to the 'press play' screen.  Other channels work fine. 

0 Kudos
Futurist
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

I've already provided information about what I've done to trouble-shoot, what model Roku unit I have, and that it only happens on the Roku Channel. None of the suggested steps have worked.

Given that so many people are having the same problem, it seems pretty clear that it is not a user problem, but a Roku system problem. At least, that's the way I would approach it if I had the ability to trouble-shoot all variables.

Roku moderator? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gayewithane
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with roku channel free stuff. It goes to playS1/E1 and when I push ok it tries to load but just goes back to playS1/E1. Also when I push* I don't have a cancel channel option...only add or close. Please advise. I have done a factory reset 3 times and restart twice but without a cancel channel option it doesn't do anything

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gayewithane, it's not "cancel channel", it's "Remove channel" and you do it from the Roku Home Screen, not from within "The Roku Channel" app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gayewithane
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well I found the remove channel and removed it...restarted my system and added the channel back and it still doesn't play. It's like the channel..not my end...hasnt the power to play.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gayewithane, I was afraid it wouldn't help. Are you in Canada or some other non-US region?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gayewithane
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm in Canada

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cejay50

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos