Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Samsung TV App BROKEN

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'l be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
La29
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much for the work around! I'll give it a try. Hopefully Roku will provide a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel stuck on commercials

The commercial gets stuck on the Roku channel app on my Samsung smart tv.  I started using the Roku app through my Amazon fire cube which doesn’t have the same issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @7176

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community. 

We're here to help. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your Samsung TV before adding the channel back in.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

Reel Rookie

Yes I deleted the channel, updated the tv, reinstalled the channel but the problem still exists. I am convinced it is the app on my Samsung tv. The channel works fine when I go through fire cube. Also, I have Roku device on one of my other old tv and that tv has no issue. The commercials get stuck on Samsung tv app. My issue started just recently, couple of weeks ago. I used to get out of the app and restart every time it got stuck and finish watching the show that way until I got tired of doing that. I haven’t been able to figure out why the app downloaded through the tv is faulty. Maybe you can figure it out. Based on my Google search you have a lot of unhappy users. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We are currently have difficulty replicating the issue you are reporting.

Can you please provide the model Samsung TV that you are experiencing this issue with so we can further investigate this issue?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spyder1384
Channel Surfer

I'm assuming not everyone with the problem is using the same model.

My specific model however is UN55NU7300

Software ver: T-KTM2LAKUC-1333.0

0 Kudos
IkigaiJC
Reel Rookie

We had no problems before the January 9th update. QN55QN90AAFXZA T-NKM2AKUC-2111.1,BT-S ROKU APP VERSION 1.1.47 BUILD DATE 01/09/23 CLIENT VERSION bef334b

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Spyder1384 @IkigaiJC

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spyder1384
Channel Surfer

Since your response I have watched an entire movie with the ads successfully. Checked the current version and build date was now 2/10/23. Hadn't used in a couple weeks so I wasn't aware of the change until now. Seems the issue is fixed, at least for my specific model.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.