Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spyder1384
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel Samsung TV App BROKEN

"The ROKU Channel" app was working perfectly fine on my Samsung TV. However, as of the update pushed out with a build date of "01/09/23, 22:48:24", my shows have become completely unwatchable. The issue occours when ads play. The issue isn't them playing, it's when they're over and the show is supposed to resume. All that happens is the last ad freezes at the end and nothing further happens. While I am able to go back and select to "resume", this generally results in my show starting back from the beginning every single time, thereby making it completely unwatchable.

Edit Note: Client Version "bef334b"

App Version   "1.1.47"

Labels (3)
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Samsung TV App BROKEN

@Spyder1384

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spyder1384
Channel Surfer

Thank you for having this checked out. I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy my shows again.

0 Kudos
La29
Reel Rookie

I’m having the exact same problem with that Roku app build, also on a Samsung tv.

Tarc

Having the same problem. Is there a fix yet?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@La29 @Tarc

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spyder1384
Channel Surfer

As of the yesterday, I was able to watch a couple episodes of one of my shows. The issue issue is still occurring to a degree. Exact scenario is as follows...

Start episode, encounter adver mark, ads play successfully, at end of ad run it freezes.

Have been able to continue episode with the following procedure...

Hit back button on controller, wait 10 seconds after screen appears, select resum.

This procedure seems to work but is required at each ad mark. Also, while it seems to not restart the episode by doing this, it does usually bring the timer back by roughly 1 minute. (Approx)

STXMan

I have the exact same problem on Samsung TV.

0 Kudos
IkigaiJC
Reel Rookie

same issue on my Samsung QN90

0 Kudos
savage76

Freezing on Roku Channel App on Samsung TV

I am using the Roku Channel App on my Samsung TV. I wanted the Roku Channel to watch my favorite show, The Great British Baking Show. I was excited to see that all the seasons, plus the two seasons not aired in US were on there. I tried watching one season, when I got to 2nd to last episode, it started freezing on the 2nd set of ads. Then it happened again on the last episode. Then I tried another season, same scenario. And yet again on another season. How can it work perfectly for 7 episodes then it won't for the last 2 episodes? I have tried what others have suggested for freezing situations and nothing has worked. Very frustrating when I just want to enjoy and see the finales! Help?