Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Roku Channel Menu Randomly is moving channels around

Mine just started this with the last update which was August 15th 2023. I went to look at my menu to go to my normal place to turn something on and all my menu was messed up everything was out of place. Also when I try try to move one app to another space it switches back to the original place it won't let me move anything it won't let me organize it just keeps going back to the place where Roku has it I can't organize anything it's all messed up. Has anybody found a solution for this yet m

18 REPLIES 18
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Menu Randomly is moving channels around

Hi @Imemine,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community for help today!

We appreciate you sharing this information with us and acknowledge your concern. Let's try to fix this. As a start, let's perform a system restart. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip this sub-menu if not an option) > Restart. After your Roku device has booted, kindly check to see if you notice any difference.

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll definitely assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I've done all that nothing has changed. one example that bothers me is I can't change anything back if there's two apps side by side say A&e and YouTube and I try to switch their places they go back to where they they were before I tried to move them so they'll move and then when I push the change button they switch back. Something wrong with your Roku program on the device.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Imemine  -

The menu path to restart one's Roku is not Settings > System > System Restart for all Roku models.

Roku OS 11.5 (September 2022) introduced a new Settings > System > Power menu option for some Roku devices with compatible processors.   Roku TVs have always had this menu option.  For any Roku with this Power menu option, that is where System Restart is located, not in Settings > System.

Per this Roku page the Roku models with this Power menu option are:

Device   Model 

Roku Express 4K  3940 
 Roku Express 4K+  3941 
 Roku Streaming Stick® 4K  3820 
 Roku Streaming Stick 4K+  3821 
 Roku 4  4400 
 Roku Ultra  4800 
 Roku Ultra LT  4801 

@RokuTakashi- you might want to change your standard "restart" message to say something like "Settings > System > Power (skip if not present) > System restart".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Thank you for the information. Yes I know where my restart is. It is under power but I've never had a problem finding it. The problem is not finding my restart the problem is why is my menu moving around all the time and why can't I change it back? They're stuck in one place and even if I try to move them they switch back to the original place it's been happening ever since the update of August 15th I believe. Last time I restarted which was yesterday the 16th, I lost all internet connection which is never happened before when I restarted so the update they did recently screwed up the rokus devices. Someone needs to tell technical support.

makaiguy

@Imemine- Keep it under your hat, but I was mainly posting to inform the forum moderator who responded...

I'm not seeing this on any of my installed Rokus (three different Streaming Stick models, one Roku TV).  What model and model number Roku do you have?  (Settings > System > About).

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

@makaiguy  I have the Roku 4k+ and I love it but suddenly my apps start moving around random order and I can't put them back. Not a lot of help sometimes from this community and everybody seems to be having the same problem. I also wrote to Roku support over on Twitter and they're going to be getting back with

makaiguy

@Imemine-

4k+ is not a model name.  I assume this is an EXPRESS 4K+?  (There's also a Streaming Stick 4k+)

Have you tried pulling the power plug for a few minutes then powering it back up?

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

I've been experimenting. I have a Roku Express 4K+ (3941X2) with OS 12.0.0 build 4184-E4. I currently have 117 channels installed.

If I move a channel to anywhere in positions 1 thru 98 the icon stays where it should. But if I move it to anywhere from position 99 to the end of the channel list, it immediately jumps up to a higher (on the screen) position, i.e. a lower numbered position. Sometimes it jumps by one position and sometimes by three positions. I never saw it jump by two positions but maybe I just didn't try enough testing.

There is definitely an issue here!

Imemine
Roku Guru

I only have 26 channels installed and that includes a screensaver and Roku itself. Mine switched around by themselves one morning when I woke up and turned it on but I could have two apps side by side and try to switch them and they would go back to where they were before I switched so yeah something is definitely wrong even if you don't have many apps installed. And I have the same device you do.