Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoolBean
Reel Rookie

Roku Audio static bug for Netflix, hulu, etc.

I have the same problem. It didn’t happen initially, but suddenly after a software update my Roku TV (2018 TCL 6 series) Netflix App can’t seem to process Dolby Digital. 

I get audio fine in the Roku main menu. This is with ARC 3, Passthrough selected in main audio settings.

I’m using a pioneer 7.1 receiver which works just fine when running Netflix on my PS5. 

The hissing/static Netflix audio only happens when running the TV’s native Netflix app.

It’s super annoying… I’d rather now waste electricity powering up a PS5 just to watch Netflix with proper Dolby DTS 5.1 sound.

And to be clear, this was never an issue before. Same equipment, no problems. Suddenly one day the Roku Netflix app will only work with Dolby Prologic II setting, which is a far inferior audio format that splits a stereo 2 ch track and tries to mimic 5.1. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Audio static bug for Netflix, hulu, etc.

Hi @CoolBean,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems) Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos