Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
packetfire
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

This same problem has been happening for all of March on Roku Ultras, most often when streaming content from Discovery+

Roku is at lastest revision.

HDCP warning screen comes up in the middle of streaming, but audio continues to play, and the HDCP warning makes it impossible to pause, go home, nothing works except power off on the TV.

Revisions on everything are the latest, as is the revision of the app.  (look up your own current revision number as of this date, don't ask me to send it to you)

This random crud never happens with our Amazon Firestick, nor our Google Chomecast.  I should just return the Roku for a refund, and be done with it, but if someone else is having the same issue, so am I.

0 Kudos
Nikki1229

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

I am having this issue with my Roku stick as well. It was fine til about 4 days ago and now when I try to watch discovery plus is throws that drm protected content up when I try to watch a show. This is extremely frustrating because this is the only channel I watch! Please help me fix this issue!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nikki1229

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drax01

read post and Nope. Same error it just started to happen on mine today dam . Discovery go for me . i did as you said and still does it dam 11.0.0 build 4193

packetfire
Channel Surfer

What I did to fix this was to tear into Discovery+ and make them look at the provisioning associated with the account for which I was paying.  After only a little bit of slapping them around, they asked me to log out and log in again.  I logged out, changed password on their website, then logged in, and after several days of logging in and out each day, the problems went away.

Conclusion - they have incompetent people running their "single sign in" and their multiple servers did not recognize my permissions, and thus, some scattered set of their programs (for me, nearly all of them) simply would not stream at all.

Another approach would be to cancel the account, and set up a new account with a new username and password, perhaps that would be slightly less work for you, the paying customer.

0 Kudos