Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbussell01
Reel Rookie

Re: Rock Movie Channel Isn’t Working

Kariza,

I am replying to the original post. It still does not work even today.

You can help all of us by installing Rock Music app and try to view a video. You will find the same result. The video that you select will not play. I could spend hours detailing the issues that everyone is having, but it would be a better troubleshooting exercise if you install the Rock Music app, select a video to play and see for yourself that the video, or any video on this app, will not play. If you could find a solution, please post it here so the entire thread can see what the solution is. Thank you.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@mbussell01

Thanks for the reply.

The channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
myben_628

as someone mentioned before, there is no contact information for the channel provider. and since this is ON roku and you work for roku, perhaps you could reach out to them to tell them their channel isn’t working. that’s what would help everyone in this forum. otherwise. what a joke. delete the channel. 

BruiserBB
Reel Rookie

Still doesn’t work and absolutely no movies will play no way to contact channel provider as no information on them and Roku support is not willing to contact them or remove the channel from their lineup 

0 Kudos
diecast2112
Reel Rookie

I think this channel is a scam.  Some of the movies they are showing requires fees to watch on other platforms like Apple TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @diecast2112

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
diecast2112
Reel Rookie

Try to view a movie. It is stuck in a loop where it never goes forward to actually playing the movie.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@diecast2112

Thanks for the reply.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

It's doing the exact same thing to me. I click the movie and it opens the option selection screen, where you select between "play movie" and "captions & options", when you select "play movie" it'll go to start, but stop, almost immediately, leaving you back at the 2 selections and it just keeps doing that, no matter how many times you keep pressing play  My TV is brand new, but I still looked through everything and there's nothing that could be causing that to happen.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@GreenDayRox25 

There is nothing you are doing wrong and the problem is not with your Roku devices.

The Rock movie channel just doesn't work and hasn't for quite some time.  It really is just an "empty" channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos