Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bevvrry
Reel Rookie

Rock Movie Channel Isn’t Working

Hey there! I am a huge Pink Floyd fan who loves the Pink Floyd movie: The Wall. I was very overjoyed when I found that the Rock Movie Channel on Roku has it! However when I try to play the movie it doesn’t load at all and goes straight back to the original “play movie” screen. I have done everything that Roku Support has offered like restarting it, deleting the channel then redownloading, restarting again. Nothing has worked.  None of the movies play on the Rock Movie Channel. 

21 REPLIES 21
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rock Movie Channel Isn’t Working

@Bevvrry 

Its not you or your device.

This channel does not seem to be working currently.  Normally have to contact the channel developer (Rock Movie) since they are responsible for development and maintenance of the channel, but did not see any contact info for them.

Could be down for any number of reasons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Bevvrry
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar  thank you! I really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
MWismer
Reel Rookie

I was so excited when I found this channel ( I was looking for The Wall ). There are so many great movies about amazing bands, but I was especially interested in Pink Floyd. 
I should have known it was too good to be true. Nothing works 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MWismer

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
W570Home

When you click

play on a movie it begins to load and then immediately goes back to the screen where you can select the play button 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @W570Home

We appreciate your contact!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Thogar480

As of 12/1 it’s still not working. I did the update check. Uninstall/restart/reinstall while other channels still work to no avail. Hopefully this can be addressed.

mbussell01
Reel Rookie

Sill not working as of Jan 07, 2023. I deleted the app.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @mbussell01

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos