Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lurker1
Reel Rookie

Re: Reuters missing as of 08/June/2022

Mine also disappeared on the 26th... I watch Reuters daily and it was still there on the 25th, but gone on  the 26th... Wish they'd stop doing this!

0 Kudos
JimPetro
Binge Watcher

I am in agreement!

0 Kudos
AL16

Yes, big mistake Roku. You remove one of the most credible news shows out there but retain the BS crazy OAN (which appears to be failing on its own), Newsmax, and Real America’s Voice!  Do the right thing and bring Reuters back!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Looks like Reuters has returned to ch. 174 on the Roku Channel as of 7/29/2022.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JimPetro
Binge Watcher

I just verified !Thank you  for the notice and to whoever you are that brought it back on-line.

AvsGunnar

Reuters has  now moved to ch. 197 on the Roku Channel Live TV.

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@ssj2 wrote:

I've been watching Reuters News for over a year on ROKU, including this morning. Went shopping and just got home. Now the channel is gone. Whats up with that?

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuters_TV, "Reuters TV is a mobile video news service operated by the news organization Reuters.[1][2] The service was available via several digital media players as well as the Reuters and Reuters TV apps and the Reuters TV website. On Wednesday, January 15, 2020, Reuters removed their channel from Roku and the Apple TV App store".

So, I'm not sure how you had the Reuters Roku channel until "this morning"...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Boz 

That wikipedia reference is most likely referring to the standalone channel that used to be available for install on the Roku device.

Reuters then moved from maintaining a standalone channel to offering LiveTV across a few different free channel services instead like Pluto, Tubi, and Roku Channel.

Last time I checked, Reuters was only available via Roku Channel LiveTV linear channel. (if you want to watch via Roku).   @ssj2  clarified this is the manner he was watching it in a follow-up posting.

0 Kudos
renojim

Another option for Reuters is the TCL Channel.  I have no idea why there are two of them in the Channel Store:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/42fb6f6feea0b2d5c0d0a19f7f44835f/tcl-channel

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/89ab351868c3213e04e9f547d52d6cc4/tcl-channel

I have the first one installed and Reuters is available under "Live TV".

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.