Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colby2
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

I checked my Roku today and my version is 11.0.0 and when I looked for updates my Roku says 11.0.0 is the update. I have no idea how else to update it.

0 Kudos
colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just followed the directs to update the correct software.  Unplug my router for 2 minutes and the manually update Roku.  It still didn’t work. It’s still 11.0.0

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@colby2 wrote:

I just followed the directs to update the correct software.  Unplug my router for 2 minutes and the manually update Roku.  It still didn’t work. It’s still 11.0.0

My bad. Latest Roku OS version is 11.0.0 build 4193.

0 Kudos
britgirl12

Jump to solution

I’m having same problem — were you able to resolve the issue? I’ve done the deleting and resetting without contacting acorn to no avail.

0 Kudos
colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No, I have tried over and over again to no avail.   

0 Kudos
erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Nope, no improvement. In fact worse - now sometimes it suddenly just stops and exits the show. Also doesn't like to fast forward at all will often freeze.

0 Kudos
RMurray
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is no resolution from Acorn or Roku. They are, apparently, blaming each other and not working together to figure out a resolution. My fix was to abandon Roku when watching Acorn and instead to purchase a cheap Amazon Firestick. I can watch Acorn programs there with no problem. This issue has been going on since the end of July. I don't hold out much hope that it will ever be resolved. I'm also seeing how many streaming channels I can use on the Firestick that are also on the Roku and may just get rid of the Roku device entirely.

TL;DR, No the problem is not resolved.

0 Kudos
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is from acorn, they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. They have not been successful yet and are still working on it. I wish this could be pinned to the top. 

0 Kudos
RMurray
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Most of us have received emails from Acorn saying 1) they HAVE fixed it, and yet, it is not fixed, or 2) please be patient, they are working on it. Excuse me if I'm dubious about their efforts. And Roku should be involved as well since it's the only platform that exhibits the problem. But by all means, continue to be patient and post here when the problem is resolved. We'd all like to know that.

AnnieOakley64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Maybe we should all cancel our subscriptions with Acorn to see if they can find a solution to the problem since Roku won’t.  Nothing suggested here worked for me.  Neither Roku nor Acorn even acknowledged there was a problem when I contacted them. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.