Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disings

Repeating Commercials Torture

Please stop the repeated commercials on Real America’s Voice channel. Weird Al, I love Rock & Roll, Martha Stewart, Roku at Best Buy. It’s maddening. I have to mute tv. It’s so awful I’m considering ditching my Roku TV

10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Repeating Commercials Torture

@Disings 

You may want to try watching RAV on Pluto or Rumble (both free channels/apps) if the Roku commercials are getting to you. (will undoubtedly drive you insane if you do not have mute on your remote.)

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/0719d122fc30b9f282fa106a903ab1d6/pluto-tv-its-free-tv

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/9d7828c984f24d379ee54f2f2028361f/rumble

Can also install the RAV standalone channel/app as well. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5e1b380d0d963b69b988490cd2a0a488/real-americas-voice

-----

I like Rumble for RAV. (most breaks are just placeholders with music- ie...will return in 2 minutes, or just shows promos for RAV shows.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

TC03
Channel Surfer

I just downloaded Pluto to my TV. It’s great! I’m truly not trying to promote anything but after my frustration with commercials I decided to look into it. 
Awesome!

KristieW

I know, right???!!!! The other one is the Rich Eisen show. For the love of God, rotate a bigger selection of shower and movies. It's been months of the same commercials. We miss the commercials and if we're not paying attention, we miss when the show restarts. Contemplating if having Roku is worth it.

KristieW

I will look into that, thanks! Roku is going to lose more and more customers due to their limits number of commercials they play over and over.

0 Kudos
Joe431
Channel Surfer

Here it is March 16 2024 and these obnoxious commercials are still being played repeatedly every 5 minutes on Real America’s Voice. Sure we can use RAV app or other ways but that’s not the point. And now they added to the torture with Jessica Alba, Lincoln Logs, Emeril, Marriage Pact and Kevin Hart commercials continually. Interesting that other live channels don’t have this repeated torture. I am not much on conspiracy theories but I wouldn’t be surprised if Roku is intentionally doing this to drive RAV viewers away. It’s not unreasonable to believe that because conservative platforms are frequently targeted by the left wing tech and TV networks. Don’t blame us for thinking like that, they created the monster. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Joe431 

I watch RAV through Rumble.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/9d7828c984f24d379ee54f2f2028361f/rumble

You will get intermission/break countdowns without commercials/ads.

No reason to torture yourself when alternative viewing options exist.

----

"I am not much on conspiracy theories but I wouldn’t be surprised if Roku is intentionally doing this to drive RAV viewers away".

These same commercials play on many of the LiveTV channels on Roku Channel in this same repetitive order like Hallmark and others, so not just RAV and the more conservative channels.  

0 Kudos
Gerald5
Reel Rookie

How do you stop the repeating commercials on Roku?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Gerald5 wrote:

How do you stop the repeating commercials on Roku?

You can't.  Some of the LiveTV channels on the Roku channel just have these more of these than the others.  

Many of the other FAST (free ad-supported streaming television) channels/apps like Pluto, Plex, Tubi, Filmrise, etc. have a lot of the same content that the Roku Channel has.  If the same show is available, usually just easier to watch on one of these other services. (or just become familiar with the Mute button on your remote).

0 Kudos
Joe431
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your feedback. My only question I have for myself now is what took me so long to think about just mirroring the RAV App from my iPhone or iPad onto my SmartTV? I just tried that and it works beautifully. It’s a minor inconvenience to do that as opposed to just going to the RAV TV station on my Roku Live BUT PROBLEM SOLVED, BYE BYE ROKU LIVE. I don’t have to deal with the torturous commercials anymore while watching RAV.

0 Kudos