Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD266
Reel Rookie

Regular CBS channel doesn't work on my Roku Express +

I click on the CBS channel starts to load then goes back to the channel menu. I've done everything I could think of to try to fix it but still doesn't work. Please help!!  Thank you

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Regular CBS channel doesn't work on my Roku Express +

@SD266 

Try this:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in order. Does that resolve it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SD266
Reel Rookie

Thank you for replying back to me. 

No, it still doesn't work. I have done that many times already.

It wants to load but kicks it back to the channel menu.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@SD266 

You would need to leave CBS feedback here: https://www.cbs.com/showfeedback/

FYI, @DBDukes is correct about the remove/restart/reinstall order.  It is always 1, 2, and 3.  Some people have done 2, 1 and 3, some have done 1, 3, 2 and some have done just 1 and 3, but none of those orders are the same.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
SD266
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will try that.

0 Kudos
SD266
Reel Rookie

The CBS channel still does not work. I've done the different ways of deleting, restarting, and reinstalling CBS and it's still does not want to work. I've even emailed CBS from the link. Still need help please!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@SD266  I would guess that Paramount Global, which owns the CBS network subsidiary, is probably aware of the issue — if all the other channels/apps work fine on your Roku device, then the issue appears to be the fault of the CBS channel.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos