Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazznjerrell
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV buffering

It’s nearly impossible to watch YouTube TV. All other channels work fine. I have a brand new router. Internet speed to fine. Wireless signal is “excellent “ per network connection check. Why is it only YouTube TV that I have this issue with? Buffering is out of control. 

16 REPLIES 16
Karl7
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV buffering

I am having the same issue.   It is not my internet.  I can watch YouTube TV on my phone or table without any issues.     I followed the troubleshooting tips several times and the issue continues.   I have Roku Premiere.   The buffering and freezing is beyond annoying.  

Karl7
Channel Surfer

This is getting worse.   I am to the point where I am only watching Youtub TV on my tablet.....since there is no issue.  I have checked with my internet provider and have contacted YouTube.    I can stream other apps using my Roku....just not YouTube tv.   Shesh! 

Antzsarah

I find I have trouble for about a week at the end of the month. The remote doesn’t respond correctly and I have to do a series of button maneuvers to have the picture eliminate the banners and dimmed picture.  This only happens on YouTube/YouTube TV on Roku.  I changed batteries and sometimes it improved so maybe that is part of the problem or it just improved by coincidence.

0 Kudos
mkramm
Reel Rookie

I am also having buffering issues. Its to a point that my wife wants to go back to cable. Getting rid of YouTube TV and Roko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way as the price of streaming providers go up and the removal of channels cable is looking better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Karl7
Channel Surfer

Here we go again.   Roku pushes out an update....send me an email about it....and it is more annoying than YouTubeTV being down this week.   Yes....I restarted my Roku, deleted the app, restarted the Roku...and still the same issue.  I can watch YouTubeTV fine on my tablet.   I can stream other channels on the Roku just fine.    Unbelievable.   

Karl7
Channel Surfer

Thought the email was a scam.....  so checked my Roku to see if I did get an update.  Which I did on the 12th.    Was thinking the buffering was a YouTubeTV issue before streaming on my tablet.  Quickly realized I was back to where I was 2 weeks ago.  

lakesgirl
Reel Rookie

I am too having the same trouble.  I have resolved to watch my tv through my ipad casting.  Anytime I use ROKU with my tv, it buffers not stop, freezes and just is so annoying.  What is the fix?

0 Kudos
mkramm
Reel Rookie

ok so we dropping YouTube TV because of the buffering issues, they removed NESEN and they increased the monthly subscription over $10.00 per month.

To fix the buffering issue I removed all channels that we are not using and that seemed to fix the buffering issue.

Current: Xfinity 1gig %107.95 YouTube TV w/ HBO MAX (and no NESN) $79.99 Netflix 10.00 month

New configuration (Hybrid)

I now am going back to Xfinity with one DVR box and one HDV box. The other 2 tvs im going to use Roku with the Xfinity Streaming app on Roku. I am getting all premium channels plus NESN and Netflix and 600 gig for $ 205.00 per month and this includes taxes. All this and for only $8.00 more.

0 Kudos
Smcvey
Reel Rookie

I had buffering issues recently on my Roku ultra with YTTV but my other two TV's use the wireless Roku stick which work perfectly.  I could not understand why the wireless Roku's had no buffering but my wired Ultra was buffering like crazy.  Luckily the Ultra allows ethernet or wireless internet connection so I changed from wired to wireless and no more buffering???

I'm guessing the Roku uses a larger buffer size when you select wireless vs wired and for some reason YTTV needs a large buffer?

0 Kudos