Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-Love

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

How do you air cast 

0 Kudos
Pslavens

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

Same here

0 Kudos
GreggyCobain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv. It has Apple Airplay and HomeKit installed. Apple Airplay allows you to stream videos from apps like YouTube or in this case Fox Sports broadcasts from my iPhone directly to my tv as long as both devices share the same Wi-Fi. Different phones may use other methods to do so.

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem. Using a Roku streaming stick, the Fox Sports app, and my DirecTV provider. Any solution to this yet? I'm wondering if it's a problem between the Fox Sports app and DirecTV, as it seems every post I've read here is using DirecTV as their provider.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The resolution for me was to use my cable box instead of streaming via Fox Sports. You should try watching Fox Sports via DirectTV stream app. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for this tip! Last time I had checked, the DirecTV app for Roku didn't work with my regular DirecTV subscription, but it does now. I will use this going forward! Thanks @OwnerofDevices !

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You are welcome.

0 Kudos
Rwwatson

Jump to solution

I get this error only on ROKU devices, not Android. I use both frequently. I also use 3 different ROKU devices (Ultra, 4k Stick, and a Sharp ROKU TV) and get the same error on all 3. I have YouTube TV with Sports package. I only get it using FOX Sports app. When I get the error, I hit OK, then Watch Live again, and it works again for an undetermined period of time. ROKU says its FOX, FOX says its YouTube, YouTube says it ROKU. It is getting stupid watching World Cup....

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My TV provider Verizon fios has said that I canot stream and use a cable box at the same time with Fox Sports.

0 Kudos
drybbc

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Keep getting Error! message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service" every 20~30 mins while watching world cup using Fox Sports app on Roku to take advantage of its 4K HDR picture quality. I'm using only 1 Roku device (Streaming Stick+ 3810R) and I'm the only user. So the error message is misleading and I suspect it's something to do with data transfer through wifi..

Senario: Internet provider: Xfinity, about 240Mbps download speed. I've been using this Roku stick for about 3 yrs mostly for watching soccer games. I use Slingtv app, USA app, Paramount+, ESPN+, Peacock, etc to streaming 1080p games. NO Error message like this happened before. Until recently I downloaded the FOX Sports app to take advantage its 4K HDR while streaming world cup games. And this error messages popped up every 20~30 mins so like rest of you did, it's little annoying because it interupted the flow and sometimes you can miss the cruical moments...

After tried few methods, I think I've solved the problem today(watched the England vs Senegal game full time including break commercials in 4K HDR for about 2 hrs straight without single error message popped):

Here is what need to do to fix the problem:

1. Make sure your router firmware is up-to-date (important since streaming is about data transferring as smooth & fast as possible)

2. Go to your router web management website (enter like 192.168.0.1 on brower addresss bar), under network setting: choose IGMP Snooping and IGMP Proxy both enabled. (I think it's the key to acutally solve the problem, not sure exactly why but it works for me). You can choose to restart the router after save the changes to be safe

3. Update your Roku device, make sure it's up to date. Then go to Settings, Network, check connection, to connect/test the wifi network after change made on router. ( I got 80Mbps after router changes)

That's it. I think the FOX Sports app on Roku device has somewhat higher wifi speed requirement, so make sure you have good internet down speed to stream 1080p or 4K HDR contents.