Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kinoka11

Re: starting this morning March 2, 2023 all Xfinity channels are getting TVAPP-00116.

March 2, 2023 Since This morning I have Xfinity and been having TVAPP-00116 Error message, not able to stream channels on my Roku. What should I do?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: starting this morning March 2, 2023 all Xfinity channels are getting TVAPP-00116.

Hi @Kinoka11

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We're sorry you are experiencing an error message when trying to stream channels on your Roku. To clarify, does this issue only occur on Xfinity Stream or all channels on your Roku device? Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Try the suggested step posted by @jkoons, perform the X1 System Refresh Feature
  • Restart your Roku device: Go to Settings > System > System Restart and select Restart. Once the device restarts, try to launch the Xfinity app again.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity app: Go to the home screen, highlight the Xfinity app, press the * button on your remote, and select Remove channel. Then, reinstall the app from the Channel Store.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, you may need to contact Xfinity customer support for further assistance. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Kinoka11

I tried all steps, now I'm waiting for Xfinity to fix problem.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Kinoka11 

Thanks for the update. 

We appreciate your effort in doing the suggested steps. We hope they can get back to you soon and help you further. If you need any additional help or have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to assist you.

Regards,
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
K1karen11

I had Xfinity over this morning for over 2 hours trying to fix my Xfinity Streaming on all my Roku tv's but no luck. The problem is with Roku! I have 5 new Roku tv's 70" and none of them play Xfinity Stream. I get all the apps other than Xfinity Stream and the man today from Xfinity tried for over 2 hrs to fix the problem. Said to contact Roku.. This isn't right, all my tvs are Roku and I can't watch my local channels..

Q

0 Kudos
K1karen11

If you're here to help than fix the Xfinity Stream problem...

0 Kudos
K1karen11

Has nothing to do with Xfinity, it's only the Roku tv's that are having problems... Something with the app and Roku...

0 Kudos