Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aschlemmer

Re: Random accounts logged in to streaming channels that aren’t me

This is happening to me as well. Not just Disney plus but also HBO max and Peacock. It is actually the same account family that peacock and hbo max logged into because it’s their same email and password. This is a massive security issue. I could upgrade/change their subscription on my TV which is scary. 
here is the information you previously asked for. 

Roku TV 7130X

TCL Model: 50S425

Serial number: YN0027938141

Device ID: J39972938141

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-30

• has occurred on HBO max and Peacock
  • HBO max version 52.5 build 18
  • Peacock version 3.2 build 12
  • Tracker ID 41-105-659

How will we know what you guys are doing to handle this/how will it be followed up ?

0 Kudos
Aust1n
Reel Rookie

This just happened to me as well. I’m really confused. I have this family’s information. So far, it’s a Hulu, Disney +, and HBO account. I used the email from the HBO with Roku support and they told me there was no Roku account under that email. No option to sign out and log into my own accounts. Major security issue. 

katiuskabeatriz
Reel Rookie

Hello Danny, I'm having the same issue on my Disney+ channel and it seems that I can't find a way to log out from this random account my device seems to be logged in. When selecting disney+ channel it pops up 7 different profiles I've never seen before, and it's happening in both of my devices here at home. I tried from my smartphone to log out from all devices but this didn't work since it appears to be a different email logged in this app on the roku. Please, I need this to be solved asap.

My roku device info is:

-Roku Express 3900RW, serial number: YG006S924881, device ID: C43956924881, and software OS/version: 10.5.0 compilation 4208-51

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? Yes, only with the Disney+ channel. Version 1.19 Compilation 2022022500.

-tracker ID: 81-111-855

0 Kudos
Brii1330

Same thing just happened to me with Discovery+!!! What's even more weird, the account it's logged in to is actually my friend's brother and his family. I've never met them, and I've had my roku longer than Discovery+ has even been a thing. I'm trippin out that I know of these people. 

0 Kudos
katiuskabeatriz
Reel Rookie

Hello @Aschlemmer did they give you any response/solution for your issue? Still waiting here from some feedback Smiley Mad

katiuskabeatriz
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Hello, is there some option where I could track the status from my report?? Since I haven't heard back from Roku and it's been already 2 weeks. I'm still not able to watch Disney+ from my device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with channels being signed into another user's account, it's possible that you are experiencing the auto sign-in issue through your Roku device. 

A couple of things to consider regarding what you are experiencing:

-do you have multiple Roku devices linked to your Roku account?
-has anyone ever authenticated a channel on one of your Roku devices?

For more information about this feature, visit our Support page here: Auto sign-in on your second Roku.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tysmithyyy
Reel Rookie

Danny, that is not what is happening here. Those of us experiencing this are purchasing new Rokus or Roku TVs and they are logged into accounts of people we’ve never heard of. This is a serious security issue and Roku needs to stop pretending like it’s user error and not actually happening. It makes me question using my accounts on a Roku because who is to say someone out there didn’t just buy a new Roku with all my accounts logged in already. 

Aust1n
Reel Rookie

Yea definitely not the reasons you listed. The “things to consider” are in applicable here. I had a new TV, a new device, no one had ever used my account, and I had log in information from different people (Disney, Hulu, Spotify, HBO). Random people I didn’t know. One was a family. That family had a daughter (I could tell because the multiple accounts on one of the services). She had a Spotify account. It had her name and her picture on it. Seems creepy I had access to it, and also a security issue. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Aust1n @Tysmithyyy 

Thanks for the follow up.

I understand that you may have been experiencing this issue on a new Roku device/TV, but to rule out other factors or Roku features, you did not provide us the answers to my previous inquiry:

-do you have multiple Roku devices linked to your Roku account?
-has anyone ever authenticated any channel on one of your Roku devices?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos