Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Random accounts logged in to streaming channels that aren’t me

@Thomasthetango

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried logging out of the current account in the channel and then re-authenticating the channel with your account information to see if the issue still persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ALC9

I’m having this problem, as well with my Roku and Disney+. My brother used his Disney Plus account while visiting this past summer. He checked and his account hasn’t been compromised. Recently, I opened the Disney Plus app and it showed someone else’s account with 5 screen names. The email doesn’t belong to anyone we know and the language selected was English (UK). I contacted Disney Plus through live chat today and the rep seemed baffled. With his help, I was able to finally log out of that account and verify that it’s no longer showing on my tv. I’ve logged in online and changed my Roku password and checked all my account info for that and my other services to make sure nothing had been changed. Everything appears fine. How could this have happened and what other steps do I need to take? Thank you. 

TJ9

I am having the exact same issue and, by performing a search, came across this thread.  Reading the posts it seems  Disney Plus is a consistent culprit. I too purchased a new roku device and have several other roku devices in my home for years. This newest one was purchased Nov2021 and while setting up the apps, I discovered that Disney Plus was already logged in with some email address I've never seen and with 7 profiles! It is clearly an active account that I could evidently use for free unbeknown to that owner! I am extremely concerned by this. This is definitely a security issue! And here's a thought: Disney Plus is the only app I'm purchasing via Roku and it's the only app I had with this issue. Is that he security gap?? Perhaps all should do the same check to determine if this problem only occurs with apps subscribed via Roku. 

hahamacoy

Im having the same issue. Another account was logged in on the crave tv app. This couldnt be a returned w/o being factory reset. I activated roku when it first bootup w all the necessary subscription and what not. I had crave tv downloaded and didnt pay attention to it and when i was ready to signup after 2weeks. Someones account was logged in. I believe its a glitch in their system and a big one of that .it involves having other people having access with your account. Think about it you have someone elses account and your kind enough to log it out. While others may not be so kind if they had your account.

0 Kudos
AGB

I too am experiencing the same thing with 4 different streaming services on my Roku. Some I was able to log out of, but others, like Disney+ will not allow me two, since I need the other person’s password to do so. Not to mention that it logged my personal account out and I no longer have access. I did a restart hoping that that would be enough, but apps like HBO Max, it logged back into the other persons account. This is a HUGE breech on Roku’s behalf and needs to be assessed immediately. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hahamacoy @AGB

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tysmithyyy
Reel Rookie

I’ve just purchased a Roku TV and this same issue is happening with multiple apps. What’s going on? What is Roku doing to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tysmithyyy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing an issue with your streaming channel that has an unrecognized login account, please help us with the required details requested by @RokuDanny-R from above your post for us to send information to our engineering team.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
NEuser

This is happening to me with youtube on my new roku also. This has happened with two different youtube accounts. Just now I was watching netflix, and youtube launched playing a video on a new person's account. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NEuser

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos