Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaLop

Random account signed in on my roku tv

I opened up my hbo max app on my roku tv and a random family members account is somehow signed into on my tv. No, we have never shared information and no, these have only been my devices I purchased from the store itself. This shouldn't be possible and kind of scary. She has used my wifi before but I have no idea how this is possible. Usually it's kind of a pain to sign into the apps as it is. You need passwords and email account plus access to those email accounts to get a code. If anyone could tell me how this is possible it would be great. Kind of scary that anyone could have access to these accounts. Especially when they all have a subscription that we all pay for. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Random account signed in on my roku tv

Does the family member have a Roku device linked to the same Roku account as your device?

There have been reports in the past of people seeing the HBO/Max app signed into complete stranger's accounts, but I don't recall seeing an explanation or solution.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.