Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collieman
Channel Surfer

ROKU keeps changing my favorite channels after updating

How can I keep ROKU from changing my channel lineup when it updates?  I have about 25 channels in my "favorites" but after it updates ALL of the channels up to about 1175 are now added to my favorites.  I then have to go all thru them and delete the ones I don't want.  What a big hassle.  Is there a way to stop ROKU from updating?  Starting to like my old 25" tube set more and more now.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU keeps changing my favorite channels after updating

@Collieman 

Is this occuring on a RokuTV or a Roku device?  Post back with the model number from Settings/System/About.

I have see plenty of postings in the RokuTV section of users having problems with the Guide and favorites depending on the manufacturer.  Haven't seen anything yet with user having problems with Roku devices and the Guide though.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Collieman
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply.  It's a model TCL 32S327.  My guide is off a lot of times.  The program that I'm watching doesn't match the guide.  It's almost never right even after rebooting the TV after unplugging it.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Collieman 

Try looking through the discussions over in the RokuTV section and adding a post there. https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/bd-p/rokutv-discussions

Unfortunately, I don't think anything short of a build update from Roku is going to fix the issues you are having.  And TCL RokuTVs do seem to have the preponderence of problems over there with the guide functions right now.

Really only two suggestions I can offer is to make sure your zip code is correct under Settings/System/Zip Code, and maybe try placing your RokuTV in Fast Start Mode. (Settings/System/Power/Fast TV Start.

From my experience with Roku, I currently only own one RokuTV and that will be the only one I will likely ever purchase.  The Roku OS updates always seem to negatively impact the OTA/Antenna Guide and functions.  I prefer using non-smart TVs with attached Roku devices.  I would even choose another brand smart TV and attach a Roku device to it just to keep the OTA/Antenna functions of the TV seperate from the Roku system.  Roku unfortunately seems to consider as an afterthought how their OS operates with integrated RokuTVs.

Again, I think only a future update build is really going to address what is occuring with you.  Wish I had better news.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Marcylee

This just happened to me too after an update.  Having to re-select my favorites again.  What a hassle!  How can this be stopped?  

0 Kudos
Collieman
Channel Surfer

I bought a "Firestick" and so far no problems with it.   Too many problems with ROKU and they don't seem to want to fix them.

0 Kudos