Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSHORT1964

ROKU constant commercials recently

Just recently ROKU has started with commercials promoting ROKU Recommends some streaming personal conceriege and the Rich Eisen show, they are doing this on the live TV shows like "Jamie Oliver Channel".  Commercials are fine but not 15 times/hr.  They have interruption after interruption, I have counted ROKU Recommends commercial showing up on the Jamie Oliver channel, 12 times in an hour, sometimes its 10 seconds and others its it over a minute, but it is constant. 

Roku why?  There is no need to bombard people with your commercials and promotions it is highly annoying and it is on the FREE TV stations.  You are pushing people to other services where there are far less interruptions.  Please explain, is this the new format or is this temporary?

CHS

21 REPLIES 21
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU constant commercials recently

Hi @CSHORT1964

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. May we ask what channel/s are you trying to access when this ad appears on the screen? Please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play on the Roku device.

Let us know what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
CSHORT1964

Thank you for getting back to me.  The channel that is most prevalent must be Channel 442, the rate of commercials, of which 80% are ROKU only.  The AD for the new Thursday show ROKU Represents shows up at least 20 times in an hour, but also the AD for the new "Rich Eisen show" also comes up 12+ times per hour.  Some commercials are 10 seconds, some are 20+ and then there are several occasions where 1:30 to 2:00 minutes but they come over and over and over, too many times per hour.  It also happens on channel 522, Midsummer Murders.   

This only happens on ROKU live channels, it happens so often, I stop watching programs I really enjoy, I cannot be the only one that is bothered by these constant interruptions.  While I have been typing this reply to you, these commercials have come up 3 times.

MADDENING!

CHS

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@CSHORT1964

Thanks for your feedback. 

We have taken note of these details and submitted them to our Support for review. We apologize again for any inconvenience this causes. 

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

johndesch

You can add Channel 194 "Real Americas Voice" to the list.  I am not against adds but repeating the same ad set several times in one program break slot is tough to see and listen too. 

ROKU has plenty programing to advertise, just fill the spots with some variety please.

I had the impression ROKU is working to gain market share. Interrupting a recipe or critical cooking technique from Jamie - is NOT how you do it. You - ROKU are driving US away. it’s a shame - we had a good thing going. 

Amen and amen. 

Ken123go
Reel Rookie

I agree, the Bob Ross and Gardener’s World / Monty Don channels were nice and relaxing before the obnoxious loud commercials were added.  I could see adding commercials for actual products, but these are pushing the Roku channel itself over and over which I am already watching.  It makes more sense to go back to the timers rather than drive people away.  The advertising department must be either extremely lazy or extremely misinformed about what their viewers want.  If you want to have any viewers left when you actually do get sponsors at least make commercials low-key for low key channels rather than screaming people and loud music.  Thanks.

dbalbier

This is insane...razule...I love rock n roll...I'M DONE, I just stopped watching roku and am now watching on my Vizio smart TV, congrats Roku you are pushing watchers away, what next,  Dylan Mulvaney as the new program director

Agree! I have been watching Jamie all morning and these interruptions are ridiculous! It doesn’t even stop the show and restart after the ad, so we are missing part of the recipe. Not good Roku!!! Changing the channel now.