Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYJack
Streaming Star

ROKU channel shows will not play

I am having the same problem. Shows on the Roku Channel on my Roku TV will not play. This is only happening on my Roku TV, not any other Roku device in my home. I read the recommendation to delete the channel however there is no option to delete or remove the Roku channel as there is on all the other channels. Here are the TV specs:

• TCL Model 55S535
  • Hardware ID A119X
  • Software Version 14.0

Unlike other channels/apps the only options available whe pressing the options (*) key on my remote for the Roku channel are:

• Move app
  • Move app to top
  • Restart app
  • Manage subscription
  • Check for updates
  • Close

All the other channels have the option to Remove pp just before the Close app option.

I have tried using a different router though this shouldn't matter because I also have a Roku Streambar and a Roku Express but Roku channels programs work fine on these.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU channel shows will not play

@NYJack, is the TV linked to the same Roku account as the working devices?  Check the email address displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU channel shows will not play

Hi, @NYJack

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about shows not playing on The Roku Channel. We'd like to know more about this issue.

Is this happening to other channels? Also, when did the issue happen?

Furthermore, could you please provide us with a tracker ID for this issue?
Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.