Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU CHANNEL will not play any of the movies selected

Hi @CONEJO77,

Thank you for your response.

We want to inform you that VPNs can cause issues with content playback or prevent playback altogether due to content geolocation restrictions.

The best way to resolve this issue is to ensure that your Roku device is not connected to a VPN network. Security measures are frequently updated by content providers to prevent unauthorized viewing, and it's possible that a change was made that prevents your VPN from functioning. This is intentional and serves as a security measure.

We would recommend using your standard ISP instead of the VPN to access the content.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokked

Greetings;  My LAN is VPN protected.  Zip Code is correctly entered in the Express 4K+.  Considering that VPN offers a high level of security, why can't Roku accommodate it ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Rokked, a common use for VPNs is to mask the user's true location to get around region restrictions.  There's probably no way to discern between that and any legitimate use of a VPN.  Roku devices don't play well with VPNs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.