Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SciFiNerd
Reel Rookie

Screen reading in apps only

Jump to solution

The reply given did not work for me. Any other suggestions? I am missing my Start Trek and Star Wars content trying to figure this out.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen reading in apps only

Jump to solution

@SciFiNerd, press * on your Roku remote while the video is playing and go into "Accessibility and language" and then "Audio track".  Pick a different track.  Some apps have a way to choose the audio track before you start the video, so you may have to go through the app's settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @SciFiNerd!

We appreciate you for reaching out regarding your concern. Worry no more, as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the screen reading feature on your Roku streaming player from the Disney Plus channel? Or does this happen to various apps? If so, please specify. In the meantime, you can disable it by pressing the star * button on your remote 4 times quickly. 

However, it is preferable to contact specific Customer Support directly if you are experiencing this problem within the channel. 

We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SciFiNerd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is only screen reading in the Disney+ and Paramount+ apps. No where else. I have tried the * button trick and gone thru the settings both in the Roku and the individual apps.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@SciFiNerd, when you say "screen reading" are you referring to a mechanical voice reading the text on the screen or a voice describing the action in a video?  They are two very different things that sometimes get confused with each other.

0 Kudos
SciFiNerd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is a voice describing the action on the screen

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@SciFiNerd, press * on your Roku remote while the video is playing and go into "Accessibility and language" and then "Audio track".  Pick a different track.  Some apps have a way to choose the audio track before you start the video, so you may have to go through the app's settings.

0 Kudos
SciFiNerd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That did it. Which is why I accepted it as a solution. I Thank you for your time and effort on this. Great appreciation to you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.