Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RLP-999 1. Who's problem Spectrum or Roku - 2. How do you contact Roku Support

Jump to solution

There are several problems (1) who's problem spectrum  or roku  (2) how do you contact Roku Support.  Item (1) I have noticed several RLP-999 -all of the recommendations and then some. I have 6 Roku Players, 1 in the motor home,  2 on the second floor , and 3 on the first floor. I'm using an Orbi to cover 7000 sq ft ( no I don't have a 7000 sqft house). I have the router near the cable modem - 1 satellite on the far end of the house and another satellite on the 2nd floor 8 feet from the tv.  The motor home with a weak signal plays spectrum and all the other channels no problem. The 3 on the first floor all have excellent signals and work. Finally the 2 on the second floor all have excellent signals. 

I was receiving the RLP-999 last night in the tv bedroom probably 15 feet from the orbi satellite.. I though it was a problem with the roku - I put a new one in and it worked just fine.. I continued work and watching tv in the office - everything was fine... 

This morning the office tv started display RLP-999 - called charter they had me uninstall spectrum and re-install and they sent the signal and no luck. I went down stairs and took one of the working roku's  and installed it on the office tv -- RLP999 still appeared. Ok so I take the the original Roku from upstairs which wasn't working and install it downstairs - you guessed it, it does work..  So one well think it must be the distance -- so that's when I tested the motor home that worked just fine with a weak signal....

So does anyone have any ideas on this first problem?

(2) the second problem - does anyone have any idea how to contact roku support?

Charter person recommended call Roku 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: RLP-999 1. Who's problem Spectrum or Roku - 2. How do you contact Roku Support

Jump to solution

@rcharette001

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: RLP-999 1. Who's problem Spectrum or Roku - 2. How do you contact Roku Support

Jump to solution

@rcharette001

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
junkyard

Jump to solution

Spectrum is the absolute worst!!!  We moved & they continued to bill us for the old address plus the new for over 4 months!  They contract out their installers & it took 4 technical calls to get them to finally rectify the issue (damaged connection at the neighborhood distribution box).  Finally, we get the RLP-999 code & nothing rectifys it.  You call tech support & it's the same old jazz, "restart your modem/router...unplug...reset...delete the app & reinstall".  Extremely frustrating!!!

CAHUP1

Jump to solution

Hi there. I’m also have the same problem with error code RLP-999 on one or more of my Roku devices. I always fix the problem by restarting the modem and router. Everything goes back to normal. 

0 Kudos
Stevon07

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my spectrum app on my roku devices and tvs. I've done every troubleshooting method I've seen. I also had a Spectrum tech at my house for 2 hrs. He replaced my modem and confirmed it is not an internet issue. I did all of the Uninstall reinstall and reboots with him there. The system still didn't work and had error code Rlp-999. All he could do was escalate the issue. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MamaMSG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good grief. As much as you push how awesome Roku is, maybe FIND OUT THE ANSWER from an upper level tech and Sorctrum working together. This no answer stuff is BS.

Stop pushing your TV issues onto Spectrum alone. It takes two parties Roku. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Stevon07 @MamaMSG,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding this issue.

This type of error code is specific to the Spectrum channel. You can wait a few minutes, then restart the Spectrum TV channel and try again. Also, make sure to check your internet's strength, as this could be a factor.

If the problem is persistent, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly and inquire further for more information about that channel's error codes and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos