Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim98
Channel Surfer

Program won’t play on Roku or AMC+

Roku and AMC+ are loaded on my TCL tv but when I select an episode and push start or resume, it just returns to the episode but won’t play.  I have another tv that also has Roku and both channels do the same thing.  I’ve checked with my internet provider and our connection is excellent.  All other channels such as Netflix and Paramount+ work great.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Program won’t play on Roku or AMC+

Greetings @Kim98,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would like to learn more about this issue going forward.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Is this an isolated case of specific content on AMC+? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this issue?

With more understanding of this, we'll be able to recommend the appropriate next steps.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kim98
Channel Surfer

It’s been going on for about 5 weeks.  Only on Roku and AMC+.  The other subscription channels we use have has no issues.  I’ve checked with my internet provider and my signal is very strong.  That’s not the problem.  I’ve also followed the steps to reboot with no change.

Roku briefly came on about a week ago for a couple of hours and then stopped.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kim98,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channel and AMC+? If so, what version/build are the channels? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kim98
Channel Surfer

Model is 65S453

serial # X01200S4VPG2

hardware ID G139X

software version 12.00•build 4190-CG

Roku Version 9.3 Build 10

Roku Tracker ID G2-307-870

AMC+ Version 9.3 Build 10

AMC+ Tracker ID G2-307-871

From Home I select either Roku or AMC+.  Once my viewing options load, I click on the show I want to watch.  I then select Play Now.  At this point, it just keeps reverting to the Play Now but never loads the program.  It happens the same way on both channels.  It does the same thing if I select Resume.

0 Kudos
Golden12

There could be several reasons why a program won't play on Roku or AMC+:

1. Internet connection issues may be causing the streaming problem.
  2. The content might be unavailable in your region due to licensing restrictions.
  3. AMC+ subscription might have expired or not be active.
  4. Roku device software may need an update.
  5. The program could be temporarily unavailable for streaming.
  6. A technical glitch on the AMC+ or Roku platform may be causing the problem.
  7. The program might be available on a different streaming service or platform.
  8. DRM (Digital Rights Management) issues might be preventing playback.
  9. Compatibility problems between the Roku device and AMC+ app.
  10. There could be a problem with your Roku or AMC+ account.
0 Kudos
Kim98
Channel Surfer

We watched Roku on another TV since last fall with no issues.  There is no problem with our internet connection.  I’ve have both Roku and AMC+ on auto pay so there are no issues with my account.  
I plan to cancel both immediately.  Buying a Roku TV was a total waste of money.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kim98,

Thank you for keeping us updated!
Please note that we have passed your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
Once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2bcool

Mine won't play any selected programs either. Seems to have started with the new selection process introduced several days ago. Roku channel is worthless right now.

0 Kudos
Kim98
Channel Surfer

I canceled my subscription to both.  Too much aggravation that I really don’t need and I hate that you can only get a response via this site.  No customer care number to call and speak to someone.

0 Kudos