Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minosante
Reel Rookie

Prime home screen completely different on Roku Ultra and Roku Express

I have a Roku Ultra that I bought 2 years ago connected to a 4K TV... I recently saw a Roku Express HD on sale and I bought one to connect it to my HD TV.
The Home Screen of my Prime Video looks totally different on both devices (same subscription). The Prime on Roku Express has a lot of less features available on its home screen.

Before I return the Roku Express for what I suppose is a malfunction, I would like to know if that is normal.

The software of all devices is up-to-date.

Any hints?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Prime home screen completely different on Roku Ultra and Roku Express

Some info that might help:

1) Model numbers (4 digits) of the two devices.  For example, I don't know of a model labelled "Express HD" and "Ultra" has been applied to many models.

2) Specific differences in Prime.  Text description and/or pictures of the two screens.

I use prime, but I don't know if mine looks like either of yours.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Minosante
Reel Rookie

Thank you Strega2 for your reply... 

The HD is not part of the name of the Roku Express that I bought. I just wanted to specify the max resolution of it (1280x720). Its model is 3960X, while my Roku Ultra 4K model is 4800X

See attached the pictures with the differences...20240728_161127.jpg20240728_160836.jpg 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Minosante 

The developer for Prime may have just provided different UI (user interfaces) for the different models.

On each of your different models, you can highlight the Prime Video tile and press the asterick (*) button to see the Version and build number of the channel/app.  You can also try the "check for updates" option and see if that makes any difference.

Unfortunately, I do not have any non-4k devices, other than a HD RokuTV to see if any difference.  On all my devices (including the non-4k RokuTV) they are all showing a menu screen like the one you posted for your Ultra.

I doubt your 3960 is defective, though.  Likely just a developer decision based on the hardware/memory differences of a non-4k device.

Just a note.  All my 4k devices are connected to non-4k TVs (some set at 720p, others at 1080p).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Minosante
Reel Rookie

Thank you guys for the replies.

After approx 2 weeks, the Prime home screen on my Roku Express now changed to how it looks on the Roku Ultra.

Before this happened I checked several times for updates but it always said that is was up-to-date. So, I don't know what caused the change, but I'm glad that it occurred.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.