Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Poor picture quality using Spectrum TV app

I have a roku premiere steaming device because I like to use an infrared universal remote instead of the roku remote. Everytime I use the spectrum app, everything is blurry, like unwatchable almost unless I restart the device, then it's ok until I leave the app and come back to watch again without restarting, then its all blurry again. It's not my connection or the roku device, it's the spectrum app. I think with older roku devices they have some buffer issues with this app.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Poor picture quality using Spectrum TV app

Hi @reptem1970,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Spectrum channel. May we know how far your Roku device is from your network router? Is this happening on all of the channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

It's hardwired with GB ethernet cable at 500mbs per second. It only happens with the spectrum app, all other apps are perfect.  Its only on model 4630-x Roku Premiere+

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970,

Thank you for the additional information!
We will be more than delighted to assist you further with this concern.  Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. Try to see if that will be able to fix the issue.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John 

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

It's updated, it's been doing this for the last year. Only a restart corrects it until I leave app and come back then its blurry again.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
Have you tried removing the channel and re-adding it again?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Yes a few times over the last year, it's always the same. Only a restart corrects it temporarily.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970,

Thank you for the quick response!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

yeah I said that in the beginning lol, figured it was the spectrum app, not roku, but you got my hopes up! thanks 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.