Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galadriel8888
Reel Rookie

Political propaganda used to brainwash people currently available on Roku

I’d like to know why channels like “Burrow” are allowed on Roku? This channel is literally about going down the “rabbit hole,” and “red pilling” people. This is what right wing conspiracy theorists call it when they recruit more people into their growing group of possible future terrorists, which is really brainwashing people with misinformation/disinformation… that is complete political propaganda about Q anon. I don’t understand why this is available on Roku. Do you know how many suicides I’ve seen lately because people are getting frustrated that they’re conspiracy theories aren’t coming to fruition…leading them to hopelessness and depression, and you’re on here allowing them to feed more conspiracy theories to more people……Good luck Roku. 

57 REPLIES 57
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Political propaganda used to brainwash people currently available on Roku

Can't happen all disputes go to binding arbitration:

https://docs.roku.com/published/disputeresolution/en/us

Galadriel8888
Reel Rookie

Is that honestly where your concern lies?

mop_891
Roku Guru

Nope, just stating a fact. All major companies do this. Just how it is.

0 Kudos
Galadriel8888
Reel Rookie

Arbitration is an agreement entered into by people who have Roku subscriptions, and agree to those terms. I’m talking about suits led by family members who haven’t agreed to those terms, and therefore would not be bound by them.

Karaguckes

Mainstream media brainwashes people. Let people watch what they want to watch. We don't live in a communist country

mmmm99
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku is violating its own standards by hosting a new Qanon channel, "Burrow" (as repor

QAnon is a dangerous and deluded cult that advocates for violence. I will not associate or support anyone, any organizing, or any business that enables it. If this Burrow channel remains on Roku I will close my accounts and will using the service

Re: Roku is violating its own standards by hosting a new Qanon channel, "Burrow" (as repor

I will stop using Roku and find an alternative if they continue to host Q related lies that violate their own policies & standards.  They're supporting terrorists.

bmagg

I'm also here to say that I'm disappointed in Roku allowing this sort of dangerous misinformation on its platform. I expect better from Roku. I've been a devoted Roku user for years, but have no issue moving on if Roku can't bring itself to be a responsible member of the community.

Middleman1968
Reel Rookie

I could say the same thing about CNN, ABC, CBS, Netflix, Disney+, etc. Thats my opinion, and its just as important and just as worthless as yours. YOU have a choice to watch whatever you want. I have that same choice. You do NOT have the right to determine what is or is not "right" on someone else's behalf any more than I do. It's called freedom. Your opinion does not mean any more than anyone else's, regardless of what you may think. You do NOT have the right to silence creativity, expression or opinion. This channel is not causing you any harm, so just ignore it. You're not being forced to watch it.