Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mclermont
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto tv app blank screen

When I did speak with the chat

they asked me for all the info

and I gave it all to them in the chat message

so I sent everything they asked for  

jk2022
Binge Watcher

This is weird. I think they are trying to fix this as I just checked before posting and also got a blank, black screen (unlike this morning as I was able to watch some Pluto TV (TokuShoutsu channel but it has so many great channels!) but now, a couple minutes later,  Pluto Tv is working on my device.

I hope everyone's Pluto TV and can start working again. Fortunately (small consolation, while not ideal) Pluto Tv does have a website that can be accessed on the internet while my other favorite channel B-Zone does not and is still not displaying. I reported it on this thread: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/B-Zone-Channel-not-Streaming-Content-appears-for-a-se... (just for reference).

I hope Roku can fix the issues you and everyone else are having and please stay well and cool.

0 Kudos
Cindysue
Reel Rookie

I have the Pluto tv app on an Amazon Fire Tablet, on my Samsung phone, on my Chromebook, on my Microsoft computer, and both of my Roku Ultra devices.  It works on all of my devices EXCEPT FOR THE TWO ROKU DEVICES.

There has to be an update that Roku is not putting out for us.  It isn't a Pluto Tv problem - it's a Roku problem.

Mclermont
Channel Surfer

Pluto 

responded to me 

but nothing from Roku 

figures 

IMG_3011.png

msb335pro
Binge Watcher

That's interesting. I'm also from Florida, have Spectrum as an ISP, yet I was able to access Pluto on everything EXCEPT the Roku. I'd like to know what they're doing exactly. Makes you wonder, you know? 

Bbattersby
Channel Surfer

I am sure it's complicated but don't blame.it on my equipment or my ISP (as you said, you can get to Pluto on everything except Roku). So yes, does make you wonder. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that this issue is ongoing, and we appreciate those troubleshooting attempts to address this case.

We'd be glad to look further into this, and to better understand, we'll need your help on this.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • If possible, can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll be anticipating your updates!

Thanks,

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
msb335pro
Binge Watcher

For right now, everything is actually working as intended on the Roku. Whatever you guys did, or wherever the problem was internally, I'm running at about 90%. I say 90 because there's a slight lag on opening the once troubled apps. 

Just the simple fact however that they're now opening into something I can watch and not the dreaded black screen, still shows great progress. Thank you for looking into it and faithfully trying to remedy the cause. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.