Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Pluto TV issues Jan. 2024

Anybody having issues with the On Demand section of Pluto?  I try to watch an episode of 'Three's Company' that I watched a few years ago and it hangs at the ad break where I last watched it and just repeats over and over the 2 seconds before it supposed to go ads(but doesnt).  Cannot re-watch previously watched episodes that have been fully watched.  Also, the audio is 10-15 seconds ahead of the video in most cases.  This app used to work fine but now it's hit & miss.  Anybody else?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV issues Jan. 2024

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I did all that.  It makes Zero difference trust me.  I tried a lot of stuff.  Pluto need to fix thier s--- 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I deleted my Pluto acct & changed my Roku email acct to see if this would help, restarted, re-added, checked for updates all that fun stuff.  Still have the same issue with a NEW Pluto acct. - audio is not synced on the on demand section if you leave the app & come back or FF or rewind.  It will stay in synce if you just let it play w/o doing anything.  Pluto needs to fix this.  Aggrivating.  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having issues streaming on the Pluto TV channel. Suppose the issue persists on the Pluto TV channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps, and videos from other channels play fine. We suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I have contacted Pluto.  They say they are aware of the issue & will get back to me.  They haven't.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We would be happy to look further into this issue with the Pluto TV channel, but we need more details. Please provide us with the following information:

• Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems)
  • Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to Pluto TV only?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?
  • Does it freeze on a specific ad or piece of content, or does it randomly happen to any ad or piece of content?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Have you tried to power-cycle your Roku device? (Unplug and replug the power outlet.)

Once information is provided, we will be able to investigate further. We'll wait for your reply.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

still have the issue with VOD of Three's Company.  Nobody's listeningggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.  F it.  Forget it.  

0 Kudos

I've done all of that and then some. Still not working. Pluto is aware and told me that they would have an update within the week. That was last week. Starting to think I bought the wrong streaming device. Still signed in as "Citizen" and can't log out. When it said i was permanently signed out they weren't joking. My favorite channels are still gone. Channels only work part of the time. Just watch the Roku Channel? But it's so boring and lacking in real choices.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.