Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocktman
Reel Rookie

Please delete this post. It's in the wrong group

The Siriusxm app gets stuck on the splash screen on my TCL Roku TV 43S405. I have removed & re-added the app several times. I have reset the tv back to factory defaults 3 times, restarted it through the menus 3 times, tried updating the app & the tv OS multiple times, drained the power with the power switch. This app has worked in the past, but doesn't now. All other apps work correctly. I have the app on other devices & it works fine on those. I have an open case with Siriusxm for this problem, but they don't have a clue & so they referred me to Roku. Any ideas?

TCLModel: 43S405

Hardware ID: 7126X

S/N: YN00K1470414

Software Ver: 12.0.0 Build 4182-30

Device ID: HH789K470414

Siriusxm Ver: 4.4 Build 101

TRACKER ID: 14-269-081

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Siriusxm app gets stuck on splash screen TCL Roku TV

Hi @rocktman,

Thanks for the post!

We'd like to know more about this and better identify the issue here. Could you tell us a bit more about this?

When did you start seeing the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know more about this so we can take a closer look at it.

Thanks.

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rocktman
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply, RokuERey. The problem actually started a few months ago when I had a trial subscription. I didn't follow-up about it at that time. However, I now have an actual paid subscription & would like it resolved.

To reproduce the issue all I have to do is select the channel. It reproduces every time. When it starts up, it's static, but then blinks very quickly once & then the radio waves on each side of the logo animate. Then it just sits there with the logo & the radio waves moving no matter how long you leave it.

I have switched it to wifi & that made no difference in anything. I did have a thought that maybe my router getting provisioned with IPv6 around that time (Verizon) might have affected it (why only SXM?) so I disabled IPv6 in the router & Roku OS. No difference.

Both the Roku OS & SXM app are supposedly up to date.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@rocktman,

Thanks for your response!

We appreciate the additional information about this and the attempts at resolving this behavior.

We recommend reporting this case to the channel support team for further assistance and to see what they can suggest.

If the issue is isolated to a specific channel only, this indicates that the problem relies on it.

Most of the channels on Roku are managed and updated by the provider. You can contact them here.

Keep us posted on what you find out or if there's anything else we can look into further.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rocktman
Reel Rookie

I already have 2 case #s with SXM. One had no resolution & suggested I see if Roku had any insight with my issue (which is why I posted here). The second has no resolution so far, but is still working on it. If the channel will work on another TCL Roku TV (which I have access to at another family member), then the cause could likely be the Roku OS on my tv (or the tv itself?).

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rocktman,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It may be best to continue working with the channel provider's support and inquire about the updates of your case for resolution. Most of the time, the design and maintenance of the channels on the Roku platform are done by the channel provider themselves. 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos