Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skiff
Streaming Star

Please Read - Customer update on issue reported to Roku in August 2023

After 14 months I consider the issue (ref. link) I reported to Roku support in August 2023 to be closed no thanks to Roku itself. Let me explain. The simple issue was when using 'Roku Live' and filtering to 'News' channels NewsMax was not listed. Simple right?

Instead customers, (me and you) had to search and scroll to FIND NewsMax. I did my own analysis and found that Roku (deliberately?) decided what was 'news' and what was not. Furthermore and most concerning, the conservative news channels (NewsMax being an example) were NOT included in Roku's "news" filter grouping. Conversely, it was convenient and accessible to view non-conservative news channels.

This imho is a form of censorship and if I'm right Roku should be ashamed of themselves. It's wrong - period. Fast forward to the solution/today. It appears that instead of Roku fixing the simple problem of adding NewsMax and other conservative news channels to the news filter group. Instead Roku has changed the Roku Live TV news group filter label to "news and opinion" that includes NewsMax and other conservative channels.

In closing, I have a final message to Roku. ALL of your customers have paid for your products and services. Don't underestimate any of us. Listen to ALL customers, we compensate you. Your a media company and as such you should demonstrate political and cultural neutrality otherwise you will suffer the consequences. BTW, for the record, I have zero, no relationship of any kind with NewsMax or any news channel. I'm simply an American citizen that loves this country and vigilant to any entity that is or attempts to do it wrong. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/NewsMax-channel-not-listed-in-Roku-Live-TV-news-group...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.