Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldDuffer
Reel Rookie

Playback fail on Firestick

Playback error on Firestick when trying to play TV series example Downtown Abbey. Series 1 episode 1 cluck play starts loading then stops returns to screen The Roku Channel Your Home For Free TV. New window with error Opps something went wrong. Please try againAny help appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback fail on Firestick

@OldDuffer 

Try restarting the Fire TV Stick.

I just launched Roku Channel on my Fire TV device, and Downton Abbey launched without issue, so it seems as if the app works (my Roku Channel app for Fire TV would be the same code as your Roku Channel app for Fire TV) and the service works (it played for me). So, that indicates an issue on your side. Try restarting your device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

OldDuffer
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I will try this when I get home. As you have mentioned it may be a issue my side as all was ok till I had a update on my Firestick 4k Max from Amazon which has made changes in the settings. Again thanks. 

0 Kudos
OldDuffer
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes 

Apologies for the delay in replying. I have tried you suggestion but still having issues. It looks like the fault is my side and will try a factory reset on the firestick to see if it resolves it.  If not I will probably go out a but a Roku device as I really enjoy the content from Roku. Again thanks for reaching out to help.

0 Kudos