Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisSit
Reel Rookie

Peacock Premium, no Chance to Sign in on Roku TV

Jump to solution

We bought a Roku TV and logged in with my creditials from my account with a Roku device on a non-streaming TV.

The new Roku TV is replacing another streaming TV where my husband has activated a Peacock premium account.

When we add the Peacock premium channel on the Roku TV I am automatically charged for the channel without offering the ability for my husband to sign into his account.

We are already paying for the channel, we just need to get access to in through his credentials rather than mine.

I deleted the channel and reinstalled on the Roku TV, but still no opportunity for him to sign in. This is very strange. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Premium, no Chance to Sign in on Roku TV

Jump to solution

There are exceptions, but in many cases, premium subcriptions made through third parties like smart tvs, different brands of streamers, etc.,  may only be valid on that third party.

Had you subscribed through Roku, it might only have been valid on Roku, but not on a non-Roku smart TV or on a streamer from a different company.

To assure a premium subscription will work on multiple platforms, don't subscribe through a third party but subscribe directly with that service on its website.  Then install that service's channel app if available on any platform you wish to use and log in with the credentials you have set up with that service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

When you delete the channel and reinstall it make sure you restart the TV from Settings->System->Power (System restart) after you remove it and before you install it again.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

There are exceptions, but in many cases, premium subcriptions made through third parties like smart tvs, different brands of streamers, etc.,  may only be valid on that third party.

Had you subscribed through Roku, it might only have been valid on Roku, but not on a non-Roku smart TV or on a streamer from a different company.

To assure a premium subscription will work on multiple platforms, don't subscribe through a third party but subscribe directly with that service on its website.  Then install that service's channel app if available on any platform you wish to use and log in with the credentials you have set up with that service.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ChrisSit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We tried your solution, but unfortunately it did not work for us. We decided to just go with it and have the autosignin with my Roku account and cancel my husband's Peacock account (which was purchased through Google Play). For 5 bucks a month it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Thanks so much though.

0 Kudos