Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmmpom
Reel Rookie

Netflix freezes every few seconds

My Netflix keeps freezing on me. I have to hit pause and play every few seconds. I have tried EVERYTHING, including removing and reinstalling Netflix. I have unplugged, I have updated. Netflix plays just fine on my computer .and TCL TV. Probably that horrible remote or something. Does anyone have any suggestions. This is my living room television where the bulk of tv viewing happens. I shouldn't have to go to my bedroom to watch Netflix.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix freezes every few seconds

Hey @kmmpom

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on specific content within Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bwobby

I am having the same issue on 2 systems that I have at 2 locations. Both are sing the 3800 streaming sticks. But other than than, everything else is different. Different ISP's, routers, TVs, etc.

It only happens using Netflix, occurs intermittently (although frequently). All firware/app software is up to date. I've followed all the resetting, powering up, channel removal/reinstalling, router resetting, changing wifi channels, etc. to no avail.

This started happening several months ago, but I cannot pinpoint exactly to know if it is due to a Roku OS update problem.

As previous poster said, Netflix works OK on all other devices (computer, laptop, phone and my Roku TV)

At this point I have to cast my computer/phone to my chromecast to bypass the roku.

Hoping you can provide more info.

0 Kudos
Yanis

Hey everyone, so it would happen to my Roku express 4k+. Freezing upon starting play video on Netflix and Hulu so far. I reset to factory mode, restart WiFi modem, reinstall apps, change HDMI cable, unplug from power and back in, and nothing worked!!! Idk maybe that’s why device’s are on sale because they are defected? I connected back old Roku 2 device from scratch and everything is working!!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.