Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfusco1957
Reel Rookie

Peacock Premium Plus (no adds) Can't figure out how to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus

Jump to solution

I have Peacock through Roku and from what I read I should be able to upgrade my account to premium plus, but on the manage window I only have the option to cancel - not upgrade. What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Premium Plus (no adds) Can't figure out how to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus

Jump to solution

@sfusco1957 

Just to be clear, pressing the * button should present you the option to Cancel when the channel is merely highlighted.

How about when you actually launch the Peacock channel from your Roku and select the "Account" option from the upper right of the Who's Watching screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar

Re: Peacock Premium Plus (no adds) Can't figure out how to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus

Jump to solution

@sfusco1957 

When you open/launch the Peacock channel and go to the Account Settings (the little gear icon on top right), in the "Who's Watching" screen, are you not seeing the three plans available Free, Premium, and Premium Plus?

I have seen articles stating that you must cancel the prior subscription first, but am not sure of that as I am seeing the screen that says "Your Plan" (free), and below it are Upgrade Options (Peacock Premium and Peacock Premium Plus).

It had no problem providing me the pop-up box to upgrade from Free to Peacock Premium Plus when I just clicked on it. (provided me the Roku Pay box needing my PIN number).

0 Kudos
sfusco1957
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response!

When signed into peacock on my PC and I go to Plans and Payment it shows “premium” “billed by Roku” and on the top right it says “manage on Roku”

when I got to Roku and try to upgrade there is no option there other than to Cancel. 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@sfusco1957 

Just to be clear, pressing the * button should present you the option to Cancel when the channel is merely highlighted.

How about when you actually launch the Peacock channel from your Roku and select the "Account" option from the upper right of the Who's Watching screen?

sfusco1957
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am pretty savvy computer user, and I have to say that the hoops you have to jump through to upgrade to Premium Plus are pretty tough to find.

Thanks for your response - that worked for me!

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@sfusco1957 

Good deal.  👍

Just keep in mind that when you subscribe through Roku, you generally have to manage your subscriptions "through Roku". (either through the installed channel if available as in this case, or using your Roku online dashboard at https://my.roku.com/account).

When you subscribe to the provider directly, you generally will have to manage your subscriptions through the provider. (provider's website)

0 Kudos
Ximeno

Jump to solution

Can you tell me how you solved this.  I want peacock ad free.  I cannot figure out how to do this. [please help

0 Kudos