Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

ParamountPlus Channel Not Working

I'm using a Roku Ultra 4800X & a Roku Ultra 4670X, both running software version 10.5.0.4208. When attempting to view the ParamountPlus channel, I get the splash screen, then after a few seconds, I get a spinner in the middle of the screen. After several seconds, the channel name appears in the upper left corner of the screen on a black background. Fron here, nothing happens until I press the back button on the remote and receive the normal screen to exit or cancel. I have removed the channel several times, restarted both machines, and added the channel. After logging in, then it proceeds in the same manner. I'm not having any trouble viewing ParamountPlus on my mobile devices....only those through the Roku device.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ParamountPlus Channel Not Working

@BillsPlace-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

Yes, I did restart both devices after removing the channel and before adding it back.

0 Kudos
SK_SK

I'm having the same issue with a 4670X Ultra. App is slow to load and when I final get to select a video it will either give an error message or a spinning wheel and then goes to the main menu or crashes and goes to the roku menu. I've tried reinstalling with a reset in-between three times now. Works fine on a Sony TV using the built in app on the same network.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @SK_SK,

Thanks for the post.

We're sorry to hear of the troubles. Does the issue occur on the Paramount Plus channel alone or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel on the platform that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. We do not develop channels directly. In this case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

You can reach them here: Paramount Plus Support.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Jadesky

I'm having same issue with Paramount plus  on a Roku 4670x. Uninstalled, restart, reinstalled channel.

Channel works fine on our other Roku Ultra. But on our other Roku Ultra it just has like a loading error. Channel comes on, you can select a show, then we you go to choose episode it can't load it and error msg appears.

0 Kudos
JoeW22
Reel Rookie

All channels not working. All have drm errors. Even purchased a new Roku. Same issue. Smart tv, Xbox, fire stick all work with no issues. Roku is the only one with a problem 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JoeW22

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried signing out of your Paramount+ account within the channel and then signing back in to see if the issue is resolved? In addition, have you tried to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order?

If the channel isn't working on multiple Roku devices, this would indicate there's another issue unrelated to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jadesky

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the error message that you are encountering? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos