Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paramount plus region not supported

This also just started happening this past week for me. I live in Canada and it says I’m being detected in US so not available. I can get Paramount+ on my phone so it is not a Paramount issue, this is a Roku issue. I have reset my devices (which was a pain I might add) and the problem still persists.  Trying to access Roku service is horrifying as well. Please advise how this is being fixed

0 Kudos
Matt89
Reel Rookie

I just started having the same issue. We have three different rokus in the house. And it will not open the app on any of them. Two days ago it started to state "Sorry, Paramount+ is not available in your region." I've lived in Florida since I first got a roku and haven't been out of the area. I've rest the boxes, removed the apps, reset the cache, and unplugged the boxes and done all of those. Hopefully someone can help me found an answer. 

0 Kudos
kpiperjr
Reel Rookie

Same problem in Montgomery, Ala.  It was working fine, even on the Roku, but as of a few days ago won't launch.  One thing that might have changed on my end is that I wasn't getting the correct local stations, so I called Roku customer service, and they did something on their end that I now get the Montgomery locals. That is the only thing I can think of that is different.

Interestingly enough, the TV in my bedroom is on a Firestick, and now it won't launch Paramount, either.

And I have done ALL the different "fixes" including resetting the modem and Roku and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, etc.

0 Kudos
kpiperjr
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues in Alabama, USA, and I also have Starlink.

Like you, I've tried EVERYTHING.

I'm starting to think there is an issue with Starlink not being recognized as a legitimate location.

0 Kudos
kpiperjr
Reel Rookie

To those who are having this issue and have Starlink, I got mine working over the weekend.  I had been resetting my personal router, but I had forgotten there was a Starlink-supplied router as part of the system as well.

I unplugged (no electricity) the entire Starlink system, including the outside dishy, the Starlink router and my personal router, waited a few minutes and fired it back up. 

That worked for me.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Eastcoast72 @Matt89,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please let us know if using a mobile hotspot when accessing this helps. But if the issue persists, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kpiperjr,

Thanks for reporting back to us on how things are going.

We appreciate the update, and we're glad this has been addressed on your end. 

Feel free to let the Community know if there's anything else that we can do to assist you further.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Matt89
Reel Rookie

I also have starlink. I did what kpiperjr suggested. That worked.

I restarted my router previously. However that did not work but this time I shut off the router and dish then unplugged them for 30 seconds to a minute then powered them back up. When it came back on line I could access paramount+ on two of the rokus (I never checked the third roku). 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.