Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus region not supported

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @kayydukes!

We acknowledge your concern about experiencing playback issues with the Paramount+ app on your Roku streaming device/TV. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know if your subscription is under Roku or directly from the app? If it's under Roku, you need to cancel the subscription first in order for you to remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then re-install the app. Here's our Support article to further help you How to remove channels from your Roku streaming device. If it's otherwise directly from the app, kindly contact the customer support of the channel provider for further advice. 

We're eager to know your update! Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brittg721

I’ve been experiencing the same issue for two weeks now. I’ve tried removing the channel and re-adding  and doing system restarts. I’ve checked for updates. It’s happening on both of my Roku devices.  I’m in the US and have not relocated my devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with this issue, @Brittg721.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve this issue. If you have already rebooted the channel with the correct sequence (Remove channel > Restart device > Add channel) and believe that you haven't made changes to the device location or the signed-in account of your device, then it could be that the issue lies within the channel itself. With this, we would recommend you reach out to the channel provider directly to inquire further.

If you need clarifications, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi I had the same issue.

It happened to me twice. I noticed that it was triggered by changing to another wifi network without loggin out.

I installed it in my SO house. Back in my home got the message. Went to my SO house again, no message, logout from Paramount. Back home and boom, it worked nicely.

0 Kudos
Doc_Seamus
Reel Rookie

I tried to access Paramount + on my Roku device but was told "is not available in this region" BUT I CAN GET PARAMOUNT + ON MY MACBOOK AIR. So it is NOT that Paramount + that is at fault and blocked in this "region" but the Roku device.

Solution?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Where are you located?  The app developer specifies where their Roku app should be run.  In many cases they choose only those areas that they support AND that Roku supports.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Doc_Seamus
Reel Rookie

We enjoyed viewing Star Trek via Roku on Paramount plus for months then suddenly we get this message over a month ago. We have been having the same problem with Hulu! Why can I access both on my laptop but Roku blocks me?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @Doc_Seamus,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like to take a closer look into this. Could you tell us if you have made some changes to your account recently? Have you tried contacting the channel support team about this?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carter109

I live in canada , my paramount plus app/channel has been working fine since I installed it 5 months ago , then it started to glitch and freeze up to where I had to keep shutting roku off and on to get it to work , no my paramount plus isn't working at all at first I got " Your region is not supported we detect your in CA" , I removed the channel and re installed it to be able to get on the app once but not able to watch anything , I would click a show and get nothing so I removed paramount, rebooted the unit , unplugged it and put paramount plus back on and now I'm getting " your region I not supported we detect you're in the US" so first time it detected I was in Canada and wouldn't work and now it's detecting in in the US and won't work. I am actually in Canada and I have factory reset my roku and started over to get the same message. Is this a paramount problem? , a roku problem? or an internet problem ? I have checked network which is good , all my other apps and channels work fine. My internet service provider is starlink. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carter109,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your flagging us about this. Let's see if connecting that device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and see if you're still seeing the same error.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos